1985 Vf1000r With Kerker Exhaust Help

Guest 85VF1000R

Guest 85VF1000R

:laugh: hi, i have a 1985 vf1000r and i just got kerker exhaust for it and at the end of the cans their is a end cap that has no baffles in it, it just makes the outlet smaller. i just took out the 2 bolts on it and the bike is so so much louder. and it sounds like your at laguna seca in 1980's watching freddie spencer come flying by lol =) and i just wanna know if it will be bad for the engine if i keep it out. thank you for the help

• Member Contributer
:laugh: hi, i have a 1985 vf1000r and i just got kerker exhaust for it and at the end of the cans their is a end cap that has no baffles in it, it just makes the outlet smaller. i just took out the 2 bolts on it and the bike is so so much louder. and it sounds like your at laguna seca in 1980's watching freddie spencer come flying by lol =) and i just wanna know if it will be bad for the engine if i keep it out. thank you for the help

It's possible it could make your bike run lean and you'll need to rejet your carb, but maybe not.

Nah, it won't hurt anything. Don't expect it to do anything for power either.

ya i was just taking it off for a bike show. lol but u can notice it is alot slower bottom end.

Archived