Leo Vince Mystery Cans

46alpha

Guys - just bought an 09 VFR (am in UK). It comes with full luggage set. I want to change the cans to Leo Vince. Any ideas whether I can still use the panniers? Am concerned about fitting and also heat issues....

Appreciate anyones help

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Hi All, feel free to post any questions about Leo pipes and I will do my best to answer them.

Art

Are the pipes that were originally posted in the video

available, if they are please send me a PM with price.

P.M. sent

• Member Contributer
Guys - just bought an 09 VFR (am in UK). It comes with full luggage set. I want to change the cans to Leo Vince. Any ideas whether I can still use the panniers? Am concerned about fitting and also heat issues....

Appreciate anyones help

Not sure about the fitment, but the carbon cans will give off much less heat that the alloy cans.

Art

Have now ordered the Leo Vince's (Carbon EVO IIs with end caps), they will be fitted next week. Now I just need to find a tail tidy!!

Yay!!!! Finally did my Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Leo Vince pipes on Saturday! I love them both! So much better looking and sounding!!! I can hear the bike now but it’s not obnoxious sounding!

Kudos to 10bomb (Art). Sincere, excellent and quick communicator, and good pricing! Bump!!!!

Thanks man!!!!

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that the fender kit is not easy to put on. There are 2 little screws that relocate the license plate illuminator that are a bitch to get on due to super tight clearance. Also, removing the OEM plastic fender/shroud seems to open up a gap for water or bugs to creep up into. I'm looking into sealing this small area with some foil/foam insulation or something similar from Homey Depot and painting it black.

BEFORE: I think you all know teh ugliness (fender)

AFTER:

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

• Member Contributer
Yay!!!! Finally did my Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Leo Vince pipes on Saturday! I love them both! So much better looking and sounding!!! I can hear the bike now but it’s not obnoxious sounding!

Kudos to 10bomb (Art). Sincere, excellent and quick communicator, and good pricing! Bump!!!!

Thanks man!!!!

Glad you're happy with it! Just curious, did you check the sound with out the inserts in? :dry:

I had a chance to hear these exact pipes over the weekend, and they do sound very good! Very similar to my Staintunes, although mine are "broken in" and a bit louder. I'm sure they will be equal volume-wise once the LV's have had a chance to break in too. :musik20:

Thanks man!!!!

Glad you're happy with it! Just curious, did you check the sound with out the inserts in? :musik20:

Not yet, no. But I will. I'm curious too. I did take them out to see what all the fuss was about. I'll record some base videos/sound then do the same without the inserts sometime soon and post.

• Member Contributer

Take em out! The sound difference is night & day. Its almost too loud. Almost smile.gif

That V4 growl never fails to put a grin on my face.

I'm very happy with mine as well. Big thank you to Art of 10Bomb for getting these out to me so quick. I was able to mount them the night before I rode out to NY for some fun in the Catskills.

Now I just need to find a PC map that works well.

Thanks man!!!!

Glad you're happy with it! Just curious, did you check the sound with out the inserts in? :goofy:

Not yet, no. But I will. I'm curious too. I did take them out to see what all the fuss was about. I'll record some base videos/sound then do the same without the inserts sometime soon and post.

Had my 6th Gen fitted with LVs (Evo IIs) with caps this week. The garage actually took it upon themselves to remove the baffles and am i glad they did. Sounds totally awesome, transported the bike from sounding like a lawn mower to a meaty bike. will not look back....

• Member Contributer
Had my 6th Gen fitted with LVs (Evo IIs) with caps this week. The garage actually took it upon themselves to remove the baffles and am i glad they did. Sounds totally awesome, transported the bike from sounding like a lawn mower to a meaty bike. will not look back....

Did they keep the baffles? Those things retail for about $50 ea.

• Member Contributer
Looks good Eric :laugh:

Thanks. Too bad I went down yesterday at the track :biggrin:

Bike doesn't look so good now. Cans came out without a scratch tho!

Rest of the bike didn't do so well.

Well, I took my first ride with the LVs today. 18 miles to work (with baffles) and 18 miles back (no baffles). I was happy on the way but man, ECSTATIC on the ride home! Baffles OUT for good! So, SO much better! Like the bike should have been from the factory. Sweet sounds, perfect volume but not obnoxious as the other LV owners have noted. I'm never going back. Yaaaaaay!!!!

• Member Contributer

Well, I took my first ride with the LVs today. 18 miles to work (with baffles) and 18 miles back (no baffles). I was happy on the way but man, ECSTATIC on the ride home! Baffles OUT for good! So, SO much better! Like the bike should have been from the factory. Sweet sounds, perfect volume but not obnoxious as the other LV owners have noted. I'm never going back. Yaaaaaay!!!!

Another satisfied customer :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Looks good Eric :ph34r:

Thanks. Too bad I went down yesterday at the track :rolleyes:

Bike doesn't look so good now. Cans came out without a scratch tho!

Rest of the bike didn't do so well.

Sorry to hear about the crash Eric, how is the rider? I was at the track the last couple of days, Came back in one piece.

THill-8-4-09019.jpg

THill-8-4-09017.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm fine thanks Art. Just a small low side slide. Leathers got a little scuffed is all. Bike needs new left side clipon & peg hanger. Plastics got rashed up a bit. VFR is too damn pricy for track fun. I need to get me a dedicated track toy. Some day wink.gif

I'm fine thanks Art. Just a small low side slide. Leathers got a little scuffed is all. Bike needs new left side clipon & peg hanger. Plastics got rashed up a bit. VFR is too damn pricy for track fun. I need to get me a dedicated track toy. Some day wink.gif

There's a perfect one here in NY, ready & raring to go, and CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif

• Member Contributer

Oh I didn't forget Seb. I didn't forget at all. I really need that F4. Just gotta think of a way to convince my wife that I need another bike. She's a bit turned off right now as I just sent the VFR for a slide. She's still flipping out about that. If she had her way she would sell off the VFR & I'd never be on two wheels again. Little does she know I'm already on the list for some track time next year.

• 1 month later...

Well I found out with the help of a few people 1 from here ,ART , that the exhaust with the conical tips is avail in the USA from Leo Vince part 7641a, or you can just order the conical end caps for your exsisting L.V. exhaust ,drill out the rivets an put the new caps on??? :biggrin:

Well I found out with the help of a few people 1 from here ,ART , that the exhaust with the conical tips is avail in the USA from Leo Vince part 7641a, or you can just order the conical end caps for your exsisting L.V. exhaust ,drill out the rivets an put the new caps on??? :biggrin:

They're also available online in Germany. Both in Alu and Carbon (596 €). :biggrin:

Archived