Leo Vince Mystery Cans

46alpha

• Member Contributer

Hoping one of the exhaust guru's can help me on this. I'm looking to get a set of Leo Vince Evo II's for my 6th gen. I've seen all sorts of pics, but recently I've seen the set up with the conical end caps on the pipes.

Here's a vid on YouTube:

And here's an Ebay auction I missed out on: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...ng#ht_500wt_818

The thing is, I emailed Leo Vince & they say they don't make a slip on set up for the VFR with the end caps. So can anyone help me out here? I really like the looks of the cans with the caps on them. Anyone got any idea?

TIA

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hehe that's the 1st thing I did. They didn't respond.

Found another vid tho:

Also tried to email the seller but $l>+ ebay won't let you contact anyone unless you're bidding on an item. Bastids.

• Member Contributer

Found another vid tho:

Also tried to email the seller but $l>+ ebay won't let you contact anyone unless you're bidding on an item. Bastids.

On Ebay, if you click on the sellers name (in the auction) you should be able to use "Contact Member" link on their profile page. Appears to work for me anyway! :biggrin:

Found another vid tho:

Click on the ask the seller a question button select general question - you don't have to be a bidder - but you have to be logged in

• Member Contributer

I think its legit. Look up the part# from the box pic on the Ebay listing. I work the motorcycle industry show/dealernews here in INDY and LV had new changes (end caps) to their stuff...now whether that is VFR-specific I don't know but the cones are most likely the new LV design. $600 you missed a deal on these also.

• Member Contributer

One of the execs at Leo Vince rides a VFR, he showed up at last years Nelson meet just by chance and spent some time BSing with a bunch of us in the hotel parking lot. One of the things he showed us was a one of a kind custom exhaust that he had made up for his bike, and he made point of saying it would not be available, but it looks a lot like that vid, and for the record they sounded awesome.

• Member Contributer
On Ebay, if you click on the sellers name (in the auction) you should be able to use "Contact Member" link on their profile page. Appears to work for me anyway! :biggrin:

Done. It would not let me today. Must've been because I was on my Blackberry. I'll be sure to post if I hear back from the seller. I really like the look of these cans and now that I know I'm not getting a 7th Gen I've got some cash to spend! :cool:

• Member Contributer

Just heard back from the seller. Damn damn damn.

Special one-off item, made by a friend of his who works at LV. :biggrin:

Now I'm really kicking myself for missing out on this.

Damn sad.gif

I called LV last week about the same cans and they told me that they do sell them for the VFR. It doesn't show on their site but it is available, new can style with a cap type end instead of the spout type. He said the price is about the same as the spout type and that a few VFR guys have done it already, basicly the new SBK Oval slip-on.

• Member Contributer
I called LV last week about the same cans and they told me that they do sell them for the VFR. It doesn't show on their site but it is available, new can style with a cap type end instead of the spout type. He said the price is about the same as the spout type and that a few VFR guys have done it already, basicly the new SBK Oval slip-on.

Cool! I put in another email to LV asking much the same. I really like the way they look so I'm gonna try and chase this down. And if my wife ever again says "I don't know, that's alot of money. Why do you need one?" I'm gonna throw all her shoes in the fire pit :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Oooooookkkkayyyyyy.

So I heard back from LV.

Two cans=$900

Hardware=$80

VFR Slip-Ons=$770

Slap it all together myself & junk the spare parts. And all for the low low cost of $1750!!!

Sorry, best they can do.

And I just got an email back from Sprocket Center. Nope, no more Stealth Sprockets in black. No longer available. I'm not having any luck today.

Write them back from another email address, tell them you have a system of theirs, you dropped your bike & ruined the midpipe, can you buy a new one? Then buy the cans separately... ?

Or, verify the inlet diameter of the cans w/ a member here, then check Hindle's midpipe outlet diameter. Hindle sells their mid pipes separately for about $100. If the diameters are close, you can have any exhaust shop persuade the midpipe ends to fit the cans for next to no $$.

• Member Contributer

Both good ideas Seb. The thing is, I'm still looking at $1000 + price for an item I can get for under $700. Same slip on's, just without the tips I like so much. That seems a bit much. I'd be willing to pay a bit more, sure. But that much? Nah.

I'm back to how much I like the look of the 2Bro's system, but love the sound of the LV. :::sigh:::

:biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Any chance of finding a couple of LV cans on fleabay for reasonable an dpiecing together a system?

Also, What is this Hindle midpipe I hear of? I'm a hotrod builder and have no issue fabbing up somthing and if I could get a midpipe reasonable I just might have an idea for somthing oh so cool.

Thanks,

George

Any chance of finding a couple of LV cans on fleabay for reasonable an dpiecing together a system?

Also, What is this Hindle midpipe I hear of? I'm a hotrod builder and have no issue fabbing up somthing and if I could get a midpipe reasonable I just might have an idea for somthing oh so cool.

Thanks,

George

Well, I just went to Hindle.com, and it seems they've raised the price on the midpipe! :cool:

VFR800/VFR800A

2002-2008

LOW N/A

HI802SOHSS

$299.95

That's for the midpipe ONLY! :biggrin: I'd be tempted to buy that, have Midas make a few replicas for me, then send it back! :dry:

• Member Contributer

$299!?! Wow. Its funny how to buy the LV slip on as a whole its about $650-$820 (Alum vs CF). But to buy the individual components its far more money. As I said in my other post, I'd be looking at $900 for just the two cans & hangers. LV never got back to me about purchasing just the mid pipe & hardware, but judging by the pricing I'd guess at least in the $300 range. Then you're looking at $1200 for just a slip on! As much as I'd like to do this, that seems like far too much to spend just for the cool factor of having the end caps I want wink.gif I'll either get the standard LV or the 2Bros.

• Member Contributer

Just a follow up in case anyone else decides to try this mad capped idea. I recommend calling LV directly. They'll happily sell you everything you need to piece together the exhaust of your dreams. But it'll cost ya wink.gif

Per LV:

Cans were as mentioned before, $450 each. This was for the full CF with Ti tips. You might save some $$$ going with Alu instead.

Mid pipe, they did have an exact price on hand but estimated about $150.

Hardware, to include heat shield, springs, clamp, hangers ect about $150.

So it can be done, & LV will hook you up. But you'll be in the ballpark of approx $1200.

Now factor in you can get a nice VFR slip on in CF for about $800 & still have enough left over for a PCIII and Dyno tuning.

The best bet would be to try & find a used set on ebay or CraigsList like GST said, then get the mid pipe & put it all together.

• Member Contributer
Just a follow up in case anyone else decides to try this mad capped idea. I recommend calling LV directly. They'll happily sell you everything you need to piece together the exhaust of your dreams. But it'll cost ya wink.gif

Per LV:

Cans were as mentioned before, $450 each. This was for the full CF with Ti tips. You might save some $$$ going with Alu instead.

Mid pipe, they did have an exact price on hand but estimated about $150.

Hardware, to include heat shield, springs, clamp, hangers ect about $150.

So it can be done, & LV will hook you up. But you'll be in the ballpark of approx $1200.

Now factor in you can get a nice VFR slip on in CF for about $800 & still have enough left over for a PCIII and Dyno tuning.

The best bet would be to try & find a used set on ebay or CraigsList like GST said, then get the mid pipe & put it all together.

I missed something here. What was different with these pipes?

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered these from an internet shop in Germany, at the same price as the old type. :cool: :cool: :cool:

LeoVince.jpg

:cool::beer:+1.gif

• Member Contributer

maybe LV wants to get rid of old stock first before selling new designed cans.

I love my "old style" titanium LV system that I bought here on VFRD for $500, its fine for me.

I know this is off the subject a little bit, but I ride old school. A 93 750f. Do you guys know where to get a can for this old of a bike? I can't seem to find one anywhere. I am new to the whole bike experience and have no idea where to find or get stuff. I was told the vfr was a great bike, so I found one and bought it. I have only ridden cruisers before now, but I love my VFR. It is sooo sweet. I just need that extra grawl.

Thanks,

Eric flag_oklahoma.gif

• Member Contributer
I ordered these from an internet shop in Germany, at the same price as the old type. :ph34r: :laugh: :wheel:

LeoVince.jpg

:cool::beer::beer:

I hate you :dry:

I need that setup. Road trip to to Deutschland!

Name of the shop please, amybe they'll ship :beer:

I ordered these from an internet shop in Germany, at the same price as the old type. +1.gif :fing02: :biggrin:

LeoVince.jpg

:beer::beer::beer:

I hate you :dry:

I need that setup. Road trip to to Deutschland!

Name of the shop please, amybe they'll ship :laugh:

Here is the link to webshop.

http://www.zimo-motorrad.de/VFR-800F-V4-V-Tec_1

If you register, you get an even better price.

Archived