Titanium Drive Sprockets Guaranteed For Life!

I have absolutely no idea, never tried them, just passing it along.

Apparently, if you buy their Ti sprockets and chain set, they will replace the sprockets if they ever wear out, free.

http://sidewindersprockets.com/titaniumII-sprockets.html

Picture2a.gif

If that's really true, then some of the IronButt guys in our midst need to step up and try a set, for the common good of the VFRd brotherhood, of course!

Guest onedowneaster

I used their off road sprockets, but that was many years ago, when I used them they were still made from aluminum. The unique thing about them was a special groove or cut on the sprocket tooth that was supposed to improve chain and sprocket longevity. All I can remember about their

products was that I never had any breakdowns with them during races or trail rides. Also the quality seemed good and customer service was not a problem. Now if any of you can interpolate my data to this new item then I suppose I may have been some help. eddie

• Member Contributer

hmm,

let's see. I guarantee that they will wear. If you believe that they will not wear........... err nevermind.

Ti is so hard that it will act like a grinder on the chain surface and wear the chain a bit faster. So you put a new chain on when the chain wears out and after a few chains, the sprockets are a bit worn and wear out the chains faster and faster, yet the sprockets are not "worn."

Sorry, but sprockets are cheap, chains are expensive. I would not consider making an expensive part wear faster to save the cheaper part.

• Member Contributer

I had been wondering about Sidewinder and was inclined to try 'em, but I have never heard of anybody using them.

MD

• Member Contributer

Good company, been in business a long time, mainly dirt stuff. I bought a tri-metal sprocket, aluminum center, super steel ring teeth for my Husqvarna 610 supermoto...they answered a lot of questions on the phone, informative literature w/products...expensive but I am sure they would make good on the guarantee. Krause sidewinder. No problems. I would buy it.

click on the link above and read some great info from "mr know-it-all" I remember the ads from Dirt Bike mag, 1970s

Lots of good advice on chains, sprockets, lube, set up on that link.

hmm,

let's see. I guarantee that they will wear. If you believe that they will not wear........... err nevermind.

Ti is so hard that it will act like a grinder on the chain surface and wear the chain a bit faster. So you put a new chain on when the chain wears out and after a few chains, the sprockets are a bit worn and wear out the chains faster and faster, yet the sprockets are not "worn."

Sorry, but sprockets are cheap, chains are expensive. I would not consider making an expensive part wear faster to save the cheaper part.

Apparently, they offer a Ti-series chain that is supposed to be bomb-proof. Look around on their site.

Again, I dunno, never used their stuff.

Guest GGray

I'd vote a no. We have had Ti cassettees on bicycles for years even with a monkey ass high dollar Ti chain...

They still wear... and thats with human power...

+1 on their trimetal sprockets. I have them on my TL1000R. I've found them to be very good over the last 8k miles or so, and they are a very good company to biz with. I'm not sure that I would use this new product though, there seem to be too many warranty exclusiions and exceptions to cover me, for example, only stock gearing is covered...I'm out...on all my bikes.

Go for their trimetal sprockets. same money and great product. when the steel outer wears out, send it back to them for rebuilding at half the cost.