New Undertail Exhaust

Guest okiengr

• Member Contributer

I want one, too. Let us know what you decide. It looks great!

• Member Contributer

O, this is great. Three questions; when did you chrome the rear wheel; what cost. Third, when's the kit coming?

Wrestler

will this setup fit a 1994 vfr i mean just the down pipe. i am wanting to out an undertail on my bike but i am still trying to figure out how i am going to mount it

O, this is great. Three questions; when did you chrome the rear wheel; what cost. Third, when's the kit coming?

Wrestler

I bought the wheel off a fellow member. It was already chromed so I can't tell you exactly how much it was. I do know that you'll spend about $250 or so per wheel to get it done, hence why my front is still black. I can't find a front that's chromed already! It will throw the weight I think because this wheel has mad weights on one side to get it balanced. But it's much better to clean that polished aluminum though. Spray and wipe!

So tell me exactly what the "Kit" you imagine would be, because I've got ideas in my head for kits but I'm just trying to follow what people are interested in.

will this setup fit a 1994 vfr i mean just the down pipe. i am wanting to out an undertail on my bike but i am still trying to figure out how i am going to mount it

I dunno if it would fit a 94 or not. I haven't seen one in person and I don't know the measurements. It is a possiblity but the header exit must be at the same angle as a 5th gen.

Tomorrow, I'm taking the pipe to a guy to inquire about copying it. We'll see how it goes!

• Member Contributer

Do you have the complete bolt-on kit ready yet for my 5th Gen? (J/K)

• Member Contributer
Do you have the complete bolt-on kit ready yet for my 5th Gen? (J/K)

I'm not joking.

For a kit I would like to see:

"Up" pipe

Aluminium heat shield

Slip-on (did you weld that muffler or was it a slip-on?)

Slip-on could be optional though. You could give the dimensions of how much room you had from the end of your "Up" Pipe to the tail light that way people could buy their own slip-on. I can source my own heat reducing fabric, but making the heat shield setup that you have is a bit out of my league.

No pure power throttle wheelie.

I wonder if you did lose some torque. I would think you should be able to do power wheelies in Kansas. Regardless though, that's a sweet set up you have.

Patience grasshopper... I don't think Okiengr earns his living from making motorcycle parts.

Patience grasshopper... I don't think Okiengr earns his living from making motorcycle parts.

Yeah that's true. I just really wanted to get one before I get home from Iraq. 3 Day's till Freedom!

Still looking into it. We seem to keep missing the pipe guy and coordinating a pickup of his bends that he has for us to sample and play around with. The problem I foresee is that this guy doesn't have a mandrel bender so we would have to make special cuts in the bends to make it look like it is mandrel bent or just to make it nice looking. I did not realize how hard it would be to find a place that has mandrel bender. The things cost around $20K to get started so it's not worth it to most shops to have laying around. I hope that something will happen soon though. It's been hard lately to get some open days in. I can't seem to get a weekend free! I'm trying though. If I get laid off from work, you'll probably see a whole bunch of pipes and tail lights come up for sale :comp13: . Hopefully it won't come to that though!

• 4 weeks later...
:laugh:

"Dude, I found this video camera by the side of the road, and this was the last thing on it:"

Oh lord! If my wife found out that I'd killed myself recording high speed runs for a camera, she'd figure out how to revive me and kill me again herself!

That IS kinda funny though. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Like it. I like it, a LOT!!!! Nice clip.

• Member Contributer

Love the sound of that setup! Too loud for me as I can hear you coming long before you get in the screen but awesome sounding none the less. :goofy:

• 5 years later...
  • Member Contributer

There must be nothing on TV............................. digging up oooooold topics....

:comp13:

Archived