What Is It?

BusyLittleShop

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer
Looks just like a Dual Cobougalator to me or possibly a muffler bearing retaining bracket! :cool:

You're close but I think it's actually a left handed 3/4" manurfenater flange :cool:

• Member Contributer

And you guys call yourselves motorcyclists!!! It's clearly a thingamajig for the whatchamacallit.. you know it bolts to the doo hickey. It will look alot better with a nice coat of Plad spray paint though.

Looks just like a Dual Cobougalator to me or possibly a muffler bearing retaining bracket! :fing02:

You're close but I think it's actually a left handed 3/4" manurfenater flange :cool:

Get it right JTG, if that is indeed a left handed manurfenater flange , the flootzmondor tab would be on top not at the bottom and the geffer plate will have four grooves, not two.

I still think Baileyrock is correct with his answer!

Honda, please save us, WE NEED A 7th GEN VFR REAL SOON!!! :cool: :cool:

Beck

95 VFR

Ahh - I think I have it - it is a gravity induction angular contact ball holder. It mounts in a special cutout thermic flangemabobulator inside the saddle and assists the pilot to remain in contact with his bike during extreme lean angle situations when the sphincter contractions exceed gravity constraints. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Larry,

Care to take pity on us, mortals and provide scale?

I could come up with some ideas if I knew how big this thig was.

Looks like a flag holder that attaches to the fork tube? :cool: :cool:

• Member Contributer
The extra unnesery part after an engine rebiuld.

Yeah yeah, that's it! I always have a couple of those whenever I take anything apart. :cool: If it still runs and sounds ok, you just didn't need it and it is just useless weight. :cool:

ppm

The extra unnesery part after an engine rebiuld.

Yeah yeah, that's it! I always have a couple of those whenever I take anything apart. :cool: If it still runs and sounds ok, you just didn't need it and it is just useless weight. :cool:

ppm

we call stuff left over after an engine rebuild "left shoulder bolts"

Now imagine a greasy mechanic tossing bolts behind his back.

• Member Contributer
Bracket to mount the flux capacitor?

:cool: We use those at the USPS to maintain the Dylithium crystal matrix on our DBCS fleet.... :cool:

• Member Contributer
So who do you think got it right???

JD - But it's his job... :cool:

• Member Contributer
Ahh - I think I have it - it is a gravity induction angular contact ball holder. It mounts in a special cutout thermic flangemabobulator inside the saddle and assists the pilot to remain in contact with his bike during extreme lean angle situations when the sphincter contractions exceed gravity constraints. :cool:

I think Melvis got it right :cool:

Guest MakMan

I'm Still laughing so hard it's tough to concetrate... Definitely one of THE Best posts! BUT - now that Larry's taken a little "pity" on us and assembled this some, he's put some of my thoughts literally together.

In the 1st set of shots, I was focused on the channel that he had machined in the middle of the "bracket", which seemed to me that it was to mount something or to cover something. Now we see a mounting with a swivel.

Would this be something connected with the Kickstand issue as related to his nicely manufactured Lowering Peg kit...?

Regardless, "Enquiring Minds" STILL Want to know... :cool:

Then again, maybe the Fishing Pole holder thing is partially right, but this is actually a specail Renaissance Fair bracket kit to be used in the Jousting Contests... :cool:

Shock linkage mount for the unobtanium HRC WSB-spec kit swingarm.

That was my second guess, as Larry's been hanging onto that swingarm for a couple of years now with no linkage to connect it to.

So did you come up with a loaner set of HRC linkage to take measurements off of, or just make it up as you went along?

Now that I look at it, the shock link looks like the OEM item, not HRC like the swingarm.

• Member Contributer
Shock linkage mount for the unobtanium HRC WSB-spec kit swingarm.

That was my second guess, as Larry's been hanging onto that swingarm for a couple of years now with no linkage to connect it to.

So did you come up with a loaner set of HRC linkage to take measurements off of, or just make it up as you went along?

Now that I look at it, the shock link looks like the OEM item, not HRC like the swingarm.

You're right Rob... it is the 5K HRC swingarm that I sniped off ebay for $212.00...

I never did come up with a loaner set of HRC linkage... I just designed and machined up an adapter

block that allows the stock links to plug right in the point on the HRC swingarm the same as stock

swingarm... tricky no???

However I've purchased Tony Foale's Kinematics program that will unlock the secrets of the HRC

linkage and then I shall machine a complete new set of billet links that will interface the HRC swingarm

to Mr.RC45's Ohlins... I'll post those results for all to see at a later date...

Drat, I'm too late. I was going to guess that it was a holder for the idler pulley on the belt drive - even though Larry said he wasn't going to use one...

Now that the cat's out of the bag, how about some more pics and details?