My Journey Into Custom Paint.

spotthedogg

• Member Contributer

Well, I would have to get really close and you would have to point it out for me to even notice. It looks great! Now ride it. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Here's a pic of my friend Mike's new to him RWB, 1100Km's on it.

IMG_5297.jpg

IMG_5298.jpg

Me in the driveway, I think this was the first ride of the spring 2009.

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest vfrrider

NIZE, nize. Love the paint scheme, second best paint job I've seen. Matching leathers, very kewl. :unsure:

Larry

VFRrider

BTW, best lube I've found. Teflon chain saw lube, applied to hot chain and let cool.

• Member Contributer

Nice job!! I took my idea off the 09 scheme and changed it a bit. This is what mine will look like after this winter. As you can see, I can't photoshop crap, so it's very rough, but the general idea is there. I'm powdercoating all the lower controls and pillions black. Exhaust will be a black Leo Vince.

2009_Honda_VFR800.jpg

Edited by rufrydrsc2

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

I haven't been visiting very often, first time since the format change actually! I have been building a new toy, a 1974 CB360G Café bike. If you wanna check it out I have a build thread at

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=22435.0

I still have the VFR of course.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back. :fing02:

I am always down for seeing a bike being revived. The frame looks fantastic. (Post up some pics here too...HS won't mind if you put it in the "Other motorcycle" thread). :biggrin:

Guest vfrrider

BTW, not to rain on your parade, but be sure to get a invoice from the painter for the entire job with labor, just in case. You might need it someday.

Larry

VFRrider

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks again so much everybody. I have been very happy with the result, enough to dull my desire for a 7th gen! The CB360 is coming along too, needed a slow bike to ring out around town :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

On your suggestion I started a build thread for my CB360 in the Other bikes section. I pulled the VFR out on Sunday and started her up, felt good. I pulled the body work and extracted my HID kit, just going with a set of Silverstars

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/65821-the-reason-i-havent-been-around-as-much/page__gopid__771413#entry771413

• Member Contributer

Just purged this 2 year old thread for easier viewing as it is one of our favorite paint projects.

Welcome back!

BR

Thanks for putting a big smile of pride on my face BR! :beer:

I hope you have been keeping it rubber side down!

• 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Started another bike project, and it's an Interceptor! This bike was bought strictly for track use at track days and hopefully racing Supersport Light next year.
It's a 1990 VTR250 Interceptor and it runs beautifully, $1000 for the bike and a few hundred going into it to be ready for my first track day August 3rd!
Here is a link to what I am doing

http://vtr250.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1415

AB9607BD-1183-4B32-B05D-9126BE1376F7-894

E6DABBD5-F53A-4608-923C-683CCE994FDC-301