My Journey Into Custom Paint.

spotthedogg

• Member Contributer

Looks good. Tell us what you used!

Hey Seb, I used Sherwin Williams ATX. This was my first foray into automotive base/clear from a gun. I used the famous Harbour Freight $15 mini touch-up and detail gun. I'd like to have a nicer gun but I can't fault this one much. It does struggle with any of the heavier metalics as it only has a 0.6mm tip. Had paint left over so I have been doing my helmet to match, final clear goes on tonight!!

VTR250 trackbike.

Now that will teach you late braking, and corner entry speed.

Because there's no such thing as "making it up on the next straight with throttle".

Haha.

Nice paint scheme, interesting muffler.

That's the idea, 250 production racing is really taking off everywhere! It's the biggest class in Atlantic Canada. I know the bike has taken a bit more development and parts are limited but the VTR is a kick ass bike, I prefer it to the CBR and the Ninja.

• Member Contributer

Really nice job on the paint. Are you planning on all the rounds at Shubie this summer?

• Member Contributer

Really nice job on the paint. Are you planning on all the rounds at Shubie this summer?

Absolutely! I can't miss an opportunity to ride the track ;)

Do you come out?

• Member Contributer

I used to crew up there regularly a few years back but got side tracked with other stuff for a bit. Hoping to get up a couple of times this summer again though. It's a good time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...