Aftermarket Exhaust For '03 Honda Vfr 800

Guest JMUVFRrider

Guest JMUVFRrider

Hey all,

New to this forum...so happy to find it. I'm a fairly novice rider (only been on the bike for about a year now) and I own an '03 Honda VFR 800 (italian red). I absolutely love the bike, but I'd like a little more noise from the exhaust while hopefully enhancing the bike's performance.

Where would be the best place to start? I look forward to reading any/all responses and I hope to see you all out there on the roads soon.

• Member Contributer

There are a lot of choices, and the VFR sounds amazing with just about any aftermarket exhaust. Some even rework the stock exhaust by different gutting methods and get good results.

Some popular brands for the VFR are Staintune, Micron, Lazer, Two Brothers and Remus. There are others.

Good luck.

Hey, welcome abord.

I got an 02, and did a complete gut. It sounds amazing, and costs almost nothing. Check it out on youtube, and in the forums here.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

• Member Contributer
Hey all,

New to this forum...so happy to find it. I'm a fairly novice rider (only been on the bike for about a year now) and I own an '03 Honda VFR 800 (italian red). I absolutely love the bike, but I'd like a little more noise from the exhaust while hopefully enhancing the bike's performance.

Where would be the best place to start? I look forward to reading any/all responses and I hope to see you all out there on the roads soon.

I have Scorpion slip-ons and really like them. JC Motors.com had them for $541.00 and had free shipping. Good luck, JD

gallery_15237_4482_659932.jpg

100_0735.JPG

gallery_15237_4482_1279542.jpg

100_0726.JPG

• Member Contributer

If you ever plan to add the factory bags to your bike, they don't work with all aftermarket exhausts. I know the Staintune works with bags and I think Remus works. Just something to keep in mind.

I gutted my exhaust and have been happy with it.

• Member Contributer
If you ever plan to add the factory bags to your bike, they don't work with all aftermarket exhausts. I know the Staintune works with bags and I think Remus works. Just something to keep in mind.

Factory bags work perfectly fine with the 2Bros... +1.gif

Factory bags work perfectly fine with the 2Bros... :pissed:

Good to hear about the factory bags. Again, being somewhat of a novice...how much work is entailed with setting up the 2Bros?

For other references, does any other system still utilize both tail pipes are is the left always a "dummy pipe"?

Regarding the dummy pipe, I've even heard that some use this as a place to store their cell phone, etc? Is that really possible without much modification?

• Member Contributer

Factory bags work perfectly fine with the 2Bros... :angry:

Good to hear about the factory bags. Again, being somewhat of a novice...how much work is entailed with setting up the 2Bros?

For other references, does any other system still utilize both tail pipes are is the left always a "dummy pipe"?

Regarding the dummy pipe, I've even heard that some use this as a place to store their cell phone, etc? Is that really possible without much modification?

2Bros is the only one I know about with a dummy can. ....you can put your weed in it. :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Hey there crazybrother...what do you have there on your Interceptor? Are those Two Brothers? I like the set-up.

I like the Scorpions also...are those stainless steel or will they start to turn "blueish" over time?

Yep, 2Bros & no they will not turn blue. They are Stainless & Carbon Fiber :pissed:

• Member Contributer

LOL. But mine, has yet to be copied. LOL. Yay, me! LOL.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...c=29818&hl=

http://media.putfile.com/loud-38

:cool: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

You really can't tell the difference, but the 1st bike is Leo Vince carbon cans and 2nd bike is Micron stainless steel. I figured what the heck, everybody likes this vid and post this again.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

sPOTO

PS. Achfly come back to Utah and ride!!!

Hey there crazybrother...what do you have there on your Interceptor? Are those Two Brothers? I like the set-up.

I like the Scorpions also...are those stainless steel or will they start to turn "blueish" over time?

Yep, 2Bros & no they will not turn blue. They are Stainless & Carbon Fiber :biggrin:

Does the two brothers set-up help performance as well or is better to keep the "two pipe" set-up (if possible)??

• Member Contributer

I too almost bought the LeoVince Carbon pipes too, just liked the look of the 2Bros better. I was told by the Tech support folks at 2Bros, that on our bikes 02-08 VFR there's no gain to the second pipe. That's why it's not used. It is however a real pipe so you could swap it out for the used one if you like!

• Member Contributer

I have seen several sets of Scorpions over the years and they all looked good with no blueish hue at all. I believe they are stainless steel.

Archived