Give Your 5th-gen A Boost...

toro1

As sports tourers go it's a giggle :D

* mine stumbles a bit at low revs, but I've a feeling when I have time & funds a couple of dyno sessions should sort it.

I have what sounds like the exact same behavior, and it feels definitively pretty rich down there. Cant wait to se what another one of Dan's supplied maps will do to heat,mileage (down by 30 % something) and the before mentioned stumbling when king winter withdraws... I have also bought the OEM fan from the vtr, but will also try to make some kind of air duct system to force airflow in between its front legs smile.gif

Im sure you can see what this is. My toughs are of course more flow to get those extra top ponies. What it did to the actual perf. I dont know as this was done some days before the kit arrived and was already stripped down... ill try to get some more pics up when time allows it.

post-13175-12634213723_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Toro I know this has been asked to death but are you going to adapt the gen5 kit for the gen6 anytime soon. The reason I ask is I'm about over my mid life episode were I felt the need for one more sportsbike so sold my frankenviffer gen6 & bought a CBR1000RR 08 & in the very near future will be converting back to a more touring orientated bike. I don't like the K1300S as just feels cumbersome to me & the only other bike that interests me is the VFR1200 which isn't yet in Australia for test rides. Now if I don't like the VFR1200 my only option is to build another gen6 frankenviffer but then I'm hooked on the hp of the CBR1000RR & was one of the main reasons I sold my gen6 I just wanted a little more woot factor. I would need the supercharger kit for any gen6 rebuild because I simply don't like the gen5 ascetics.

So if your not going to do a direct kit for the gen6 how many parts of the gen5 kit will work on the gen6 as machining stuff to adapt kit or making new parts is a no brainer for me as I'm a toolmaker by trade & at the moment weighing up options.

I haven't posted a pic of the CBR on this site yet so:

gallery_2353_2169_67680.jpg

CBR1000RR 08 Ohlins forks, WP shock, Akra full system, PCV, Pazzo, Gel seat, Woodcraft case sliders, braided lines, etc

This is the frankenviffer I miss but can build another (Ohlins forks from CBR will be used):

gallery_2353_2169_20303.jpg

VFRdesktop.jpg

Toro I know this has been asked to death but are you going to adapt the gen5 kit for the gen6 anytime soon.

The answer can be found in this post here:

PS - When I pulled back in the shop, another bike seems to have joined the stable. I wonder what I should do with it?

gallery_11118_5097_206568.jpg

• Member Contributer

Really nice bikes you've got there, zroyz. I plan on starting up a new thread any day now to cover the build-up of the 6th-gen kit. It's coming. It's definitely coming.

:comp13:

Really nice bikes you've got there, zroyz. I plan on starting up a new thread any day now to cover the build-up of the 6th-gen kit. It's coming. It's definitely coming.

:goofy:

Thanks for reply toro, I'll keep a eye out & by the way your gen5 is a sight to be hold & I don't even like the look of them myself but would gladly own yours.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kr0nus

Wow, I haven't looked at the progress on this in a long time. This kit looks amazing. You may have another buyer when I get back to the states for a more long term deal. Hopefully that will be sometime this year.

• 1 month later...
Guest Blitzenveefer

:rolleyes:

Well here I go Dan - time to let the folks out there hear about my results. I just finished installing Toro's supercharger on my '99 and the results are amazing!! My baseline run on the Dynojet at Redline Motorsports in Calgary with PCII, Micron slip-on, K&N and de-snorkelling was 98.51 HP. My "after" run with Dan's #1 map was 157.8 HP. My final run after fine tuning by Ben at Redline was....wait for it...173.60 HP !!! On the exact same dyno the new BMW S1000RR recently made 168.77 HP in full-on "slick" mode. Yup, my little Veefer has the new Uber-Beemer covered by 5 HP!! Sweet.

• Member Contributer

:rolleyes:

Well here I go Dan - time to let the folks out there hear about my results. I just finished installing Toro's supercharger on my '99 and the results are amazing!! My baseline run on the Dynojet at Redline Motorsports in Calgary with PCII, Micron slip-on, K&N and de-snorkelling was 98.51 HP. My "after" run with Dan's #1 map was 157.8 HP. My final run after fine tuning by Ben at Redline was....wait for it...173.60 HP !!! On the exact same dyno the new BMW S1000RR recently made 168.77 HP in full-on "slick" mode. Yup, my little Veefer has the new Uber-Beemer covered by 5 HP!! Sweet.

:blink:

That's all I can say!!!

• Member Contributer

76% increase in power??????

WOW, I gotta see that dyno chart video with sound!

Can you scan and attach it? Please?

Fixed that for ya. :blink: Congrats, sounds pretty amazing. :rolleyes:

How much time elapsed between runs? Was it the same day, weeks apart, etc?

Guest Blitzenveefer

How much time elapsed between runs? Was it the same day, weeks apart, etc?

My baseline run was done about 3 weeks before the "after" runs. Both "after" runs were done the same day. The last result was after about 1.5 hours of fine tuning on the dyno jet. I'm gonna post my dyno charts here as soon as I get them scanned.

Guest Blitzenveefer

76% increase in power??????

WOW, I gotta see that dyno chart!

Can you scan and attach it? Please?

(oh yeah, helluva first post, you must have the patience of a Saint!)

Hey Rob - the dyno chart is on the way. I have to scan it at work tomorrow. There is a kind of poor quality video taken with a Blackberry of my bike on the dyno. Its on You Tube. The vid of the BMW S1000RR that I mentioned is on there too. Unfortunately the sound on my vid is not very good. If I'd known what the result was going to be I'd have brought a decent camera!!

Oh, I should mention that I finished the RC-51 front end swap last winter using your very helpful guide. Thank's for doing that - it was a huge help!! I pretty much followed your plan, but added radial brakes and conventional bars. I de-linked the brakes too while I was at it. With the Ohlins on the back, the RC forks and CBR radial brakes, I had the foundation I was looking for to upgrade the power with Dan's supercharger kit. Come to think of it, there's not much left of my original bike!!

Hey Rob - the dyno chart is on the way. I have to scan it at work tomorrow. There is a kind of poor quality video taken with a Blackberry of my bike on the dyno. Its on You Tube. The vid of the BMW S1000RR that I mentioned is on there too. Unfortunately the sound on my vid is not very good. If I'd known what the result was going to be I'd have brought a decent camera!!

Oh, I should mention that I finished the RC-51 front end swap last winter using your very helpful guide. Thank's for doing that - it was a huge help!! I pretty much followed your plan, but added radial brakes and conventional bars. I de-linked the brakes too while I was at it. With the Ohlins on the back, the RC forks and CBR radial brakes, I had the foundation I was looking for to upgrade the power with Dan's supercharger kit. Come to think of it, there's not much left of my original bike!!

Man, I gotta get down to Calgary so we can trade bikes I mean, go for a ride together. :lobby:

And the Stinky Inline-4 Motor of Death that got beat by a little old Honda:

• Member Contributer

I just finished installing Toro's supercharger on my '99 and the results are amazing!!

I particularly like their own comments on the video: "Notice how the power just doesn't stop, the bike runs out of rpms first."

Guest Blitzenveefer

I just finished installing Toro's supercharger on my '99 and the results are amazing!!

I particularly like their own comments on the video: "Notice how the power just doesn't stop, the bike runs out of rpms first."

Hey, I didn't know they put this video up. The one I was talking about is different. This one was done by Redline and has much better sound!! Anyway, here's my dyno charts:

VFR Dyno - Horsepower After Supercharger.pdfVFR Dyno - Torque After Supercharger.pdf

• Member Contributer

Steve's bike is officially the highest power VFR800 on the planet now. The initial map was pig rich, I'm sure, from the change in altitude (close to 4000ft, I believe), and once it was adjusted back to realistic AFRs, the power increased accordingly.

What is very interesting to note is that this bike pulls all the way to 12100rpm (as does the '06 I'm working on now), whereas my '98 stops right at 11700rpm. I'm not sure if this is fueling or ECU related, but either way, the dyno chart for Steve's '99 and my '98 are identical up to 11500, but his bike keeps pulling and thus ends up with 14 more ponies.

Guest Blitzenveefer

Steve's bike is officially the highest power VFR800 on the planet now. The initial map was pig rich, I'm sure, from the change in altitude (close to 4000ft, I believe), and once it was adjusted back to realistic AFRs, the power increased accordingly.

What is very interesting to note is that this bike pulls all the way to 12100rpm (as does the '06 I'm working on now), whereas my '98 stops right at 11700rpm. I'm not sure if this is fueling or ECU related, but either way, the dyno chart for Steve's '99 and my '98 are identical up to 11500, but his bike keeps pulling and thus ends up with 14 more ponies.

I just checked and the altitude here is 3740 ft. above sea level. Not sure what the altitude in PA is Dan, but I suspect you are much lower. I'm really looking forward to getting my bike down to sea level to see what she'll do there!!

I just checked and the altitude here is 3740 ft. above sea level. Not sure what the altitude in PA is Dan, but I suspect you are much lower. I'm really looking forward to getting my bike down to sea level to see what she'll do there!!

From Wikipedia:

Doylestown PA = Elevation 456 ft (139 m)

Guest Blitzenveefer

From Wikipedia:

Doylestown PA = Elevation 456 ft (139 m)

Wow - I didn't think Toro's elevation was that low. That would make quite a difference compared to Calgary. I'm headed to California for a ride in May, so I should find out then how my bike reacts at lower altitudes. I'm thinking its gonna be fun!!

Wow - I didn't think Toro's elevation was that low. That would make quite a difference compared to Calgary. I'm headed to California for a ride in May, so I should find out then how my bike reacts at lower altitudes. I'm thinking its gonna be fun!!

First long-term road test of a Torocharger! :blink:

I'm interested in your fuel mileage figures while on tour.

Could you gather some data and report back?

I'm particularly wondering about sustained slab cruising at the speed limit.

Is your bike's final drive gearing stock?