Give Your 5th-gen A Boost...

toro1

• Member Contributer
I would still like to build a system with larger diameter tubing and a nicer collector design to free up some more power from this engine.

And make it a left exit?? :biggrin:

I would still like to build a system with larger diameter tubing and a nicer collector design to free up some more power from this engine.

I'm waiting... :biggrin:

Hey, you know what would make your bike even better? A front end swap! :beer:

And make it a left exit?? :biggrin:

This I would buy!!! I'm sure it would be easy to make these for us 4th Gen guys, as the only real difference from research is the flange where the exhaust pipe connects.

• Member Contributer

I am wondering if the SC kit would fit to my 6th gen with the frame slider in place?

[gallery_5871_4499_275473.jpg

Edited by arrow

• Member Contributer
Hey, you know what would make your bike even better? A front end swap! :cool:

Sebby, remember that package you sent me a few years ago? I had some components "tweaked" and it's only a matter of time now.

I am wondering if the SC kit would fit to my 6th gen with the frame slider in place?

There's no way it would work with that style of frame slider as that sits right where the belt runs. If you want to run frame sliders, they would have to mount further outboard or more towards the rear of the bike, where the frame bolts to the engine.

There's no way it would work with that style of frame slider as that sits right where the belt runs. If you want to run frame sliders, they would have to mount further outboard or more towards the rear of the bike, where the frame bolts to the engine.

Never mind that the frame sliders pictures are basically useless, and guaranteed to crush your radiators on any impact....not where i would want a slider!

Hey, you know what would make your bike even better? A front end swap! :angry:

Sebby, remember that package you sent me a few years ago? I had some components "tweaked" and it's only a matter of time now.

:blink: Glad to see you got the hint. :cool:

Guest BoiseVFR

Dan....how many real orders for this kit so far, if you can share that??? Just curious.

I can gaurantee 1 when the 6th gen kit hits, for real.

• Member Contributer
Never mind that the frame sliders pictures are basically useless, and guaranteed to crush your radiators on any impact....not where i would want a slider!

Is that a guess or have you actually seen how they stand up to crash damage? The structure that the sliders are attached to is immensely strong and forms some kind of a bird cage around the engine so it (the structure) is very rigid and seems able to withstand impacts.

They are made by Bike Design from Belgium and their specialty is frame slider design.

Here is the link for the my sliders:

https://www.bike-design.com/detail.php?p=31...year=2004"]Bike Design VFR800 Sliders

Well, I guess I will have to remove them when Toro comes out with the 6 gen kit....

Guest MakMan

Hey, Dan - GREAT Job, Man! I've been checking your progress with consistent interest myself, and your final product looks Awesome. Unfortunately, I have to wait until you have a 6th Gen. on the shelf, too.

I checked online though, and noticed something - the distance from here to your shop is virtually the same as the Dyno'd horsepower of your 5th Gen Kit! Would you be open to a visit at some point for a first hand tour and some personal explanations? :cool:

Let me know - it would be something that I'd Really look forward to! :fing02:

Good luck with things, and do keep us 6th Gen guys in your thoughts. For those of us who get into it, it's hard to keep Your name away from Our thoughts...

Congrats, El Toro...!!! :pissed:

• Member Contributer
I checked online though, and noticed something - the distance from here to your shop is virtually the same as the Dyno'd horsepower of your 5th Gen Kit! Would you be open to a visit at some point for a first hand tour and some personal explanations? :fing02:

We're open 5 days a week. Feel free to drop by and chat as we're all gearheads here.

Speaking of dropping by, if there are any '00-'01 owners in the area who have been considering a kit, please give me a shout, as I have an interesting offer for you.

Speaking of dropping by, if there are any '00-'01 owners in the area who have been considering a kit, please give me a shout, as I have an interesting offer for you.

I've got an '01. Looks like you are about 11 hours away. Is that "in the area" enough?? :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Toro, I have been looking at the Laminova oil cooler and I was wondering if it can be applied to 6th generation right away. I ride throughout summer in Istanbul and it can get quite hot here (the temperature between June and September averages 28°C / 82°F) made worse by really terrible traffic jams. It'd be nice to help the cooling. What do you think?

• Member Contributer

I've been riding VFRs since they were VFRs. '86. I love the power qualities, sound, handling, comfort and style. I have been frustrated by the lack of out right horsepower when trying to safely pass slower riders on faster bikes who redline it in the straights while parking it in turns. This is exactly the kind of power I've dreamed of. I'll start the rationalization process now in the hopes i can over come the sticker shock.

I have been frustrated by the lack of out right horsepower when trying to safely pass slower riders on faster bikes who redline it in the straights while parking it in turns. This is exactly the kind of power I've dreamed of.

Probably the best reason for fitting the supercharger kit Ive seen - well put. That is exactly the number one problem with the stock VFRs power levels.

• Member Contributer
I've been riding VFRs since they were VFRs. '86. I love the power qualities, sound, handling, comfort and style. I have been frustrated by the lack of out right horsepower when trying to safely pass slower riders on faster bikes who redline it in the straights while parking it in turns. This is exactly the kind of power I've dreamed of. I'll start the rationalization process now in the hopes i can over come the sticker shock.

It will also give those guys a real case of "WTF was that?" :ph34r:

• Member Contributer

...and so the justification has begun. Classic.

SC VFR :mad: wife/gf

But honey, my love, you just don't understand. This is an investment. You see, due to the increased horsepower, I will only have to use the throttle a little bit, just a fraction of what I was doing before. And, therefore my gas mileage should increase significantly, wear and tear on the intricate cables and stuff should also decrease dramatically too. You understand, right? This will save us a ton of money in the long run. Just think honey, after a few years the kit will pay for itself. After that, its all gravy. We can finally go on that trip you always wanted with all the extra money... ... ... ... :biggrin:

I think I just stumbled on the reason I am single. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Eh? +1.gif For me it's more like: "Hey honey...I'm expecting a package today so if you beat me home can you check for it." :fing02: My girl doesn't care what I spend my money on. She's one of a kind.

Sounds like a great product, but have to ask you one question. When they design these bikes they know around how much power is going to the rear wheel and they put components that can handle that much power and a little more. With this supercharger the bike is going from around one hundred horse power to one hundred fifty horse power, that is a huge increase. Am by no means an expert but from what I have seen all the RR sport bikes do not have a single side swing arm and even in some brochures they mention dual swing arms are needed to handle the horse power. Sounds like a great product but these question should be asked, especially on a vehicle with only two wheels.

Speaking about the swingarm itself, there was a stunt team in calgary called Canadian Chaos.

They ran early model CBR900s fitted with VFR750 swingarms and wheels (for quick and easy tire changes).

Three and Four-up wheelies, miles-long burnouts, and as much abuse as you can heap on a Stunna bike and I asked the lads if they'd had any troubles with the swingarms.

Nope, nada, zilch. :fing02:

Oh, and one member here has fitted a SSSA to a CBR1100XX @ 137HP.

Guest horwitzs
Eh? +1.gif For me it's more like: "Hey honey...I'm expecting a package today so if you beat me home can you check for it." :fing02: My girl doesn't care what I spend my money on. She's one of a kind.

I was lucky enough to find one of those... so I married her!

While I am waiting for the 6th Gen kit to become available I am ordering a .50 cal rifle to play with. :wub: +1.gif

• Member Contributer

Whaddya mean? Dan's kit is a frame slider (on the right side at least).

J/K!!

Ooooo, that would suck... :fing02:

• Member Contributer
I've got an '01. Looks like you are about 11 hours away. Is that "in the area" enough?? :biggrin:

If you'd be willing to ship it or trailer it to PA, hit me up with a PM.

Toro, I have been looking at the Laminova oil cooler and I was wondering if it can be applied to 6th generation right away. I ride throughout summer in Istanbul and it can get quite hot here (the temperature between June and September averages 28°C / 82°F) made worse by really terrible traffic jams. It'd be nice to help the cooling. What do you think?

It would certainly help, but before you go spending money changing the cooling system around, I'd recommend swapping in some fresh coolant and adding some Water Wetter. Just add 4oz of the stuff to the coolant and you should see lower coolant temps. If that's not enough, you can always swap to a larger cooler off a bigger bike. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly sell you a Laminova cooler, but it's just not necessary for your application, unlike a supercharged setup, where compact space & much greater cooling capacity is paramount.

• Member Contributer
[it would certainly help, but before you go spending money changing the cooling system around, I'd recommend swapping in some fresh coolant and adding some Water Wetter. Just add 4oz of the stuff to the coolant and you should see lower coolant temps. If that's not enough, you can always swap to a larger cooler off a bigger bike. Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly sell you a Laminova cooler, but it's just not necessary for your application, unlike a supercharged setup, where compact space & much greater cooling capacity is paramount.

Thanks, much appreciated!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One breathing kit on its way, injectors shipping to U.S for calibration... There will be Christmas twice this year :blink:

In the process of buying this kit i have made toro1 sweat (or at least i wish to think so) with all my questions! There have been absolutely no doubt or hesitation in his answers!

I can not do anything else than recommend this man and his company, highly skilled and very very professional treatment is what i have experienced all the way from my first to my last post with him!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :excl: !!!

My best wish from me and my (soon to be; super-)bike!

Kenneth