Give Your 5th-gen A Boost...

toro1

• Member Contributer

:fing02:

This has just made my day. I knew my European map was off a bit, but this is just silly ridiculous power. I thought Steve had the highest power VFR800 locked up with his 175hp run, but you've topped him with this 183hp monster, Kenneth. Do you guys have any ethanol in your gas over there? We're saddled with 10%, which I think might be reducing the power output.

I'm going to post a link to your vid on my site -- very, very nice. Enjoy!

• Member Contributer

If only there were another 9hp to be found... Then you would have doubled the stock output!

I wonder if those e3 diamond fire plugs work... :fing02:

• Member Contributer

If only there were another 9hp to be found... Then you would have doubled the stock output!

What's really amazing here is we're only pushing about 10psi (without an intercooler) when in general with these superchargers you need ~15psi to double the power.

I'm almost tempted to turn up some bigger crank pulleys and see if we can crack 200whp...

What's really amazing here is we're only pushing about 10psi (without an intercooler) when in general with these superchargers you need ~15psi to double the power.

I'm almost tempted to turn up some bigger crank pulleys and see if we can crack 200whp...

Would the belt fit if a bigger crank pulley should ever be made? :) :) :)

Anyway, i was thinking , when in the future i am going to rebuild the vfr i have laying around, to look into the possibilities of lower rotating weight , cams, other injectors and maybe the "stage 2" with water injection... Anything on the drawing board Dan? ;)

We do not have anything added or taken out of our fuel. if you want to buy e85 (bioethanol/fuel mix) i guess one would have to wait some time as it is on its way as far as i know... but i really cant se why i should switch to that...

On the dyno i ran shell v-power 99 octane ron, but i fill her with unleaded 95 ron for the most part. No additives of any kind cause there has never been signs of detonation, and no power gain, at least not noticeable.

When mentioned, what do you think about this Dan : e3 spark plugs

Is this just long life sparkies or could there be something to it?

What about the "permagap" ngk (if they where made with the vfr thread size) Any toughts?

:comp13:

This has just made my day. I knew my European map was off a bit, but this is just silly ridiculous power. I thought Steve had the highest power VFR800 locked up with his 175hp run, but you've topped him with this 183hp monster, Kenneth. Do you guys have any ethanol in your gas over there? We're saddled with 10%, which I think might be reducing the power output.

I'm going to post a link to your vid on my site -- very, very nice. Enjoy!

Yo. feel free to put me in the customer showcase department :)

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Tried to use the pm system but it wont work on my droid.

Will you sell those oil cooler adapters that bolt to the oil pan seperate? How about the water oil cooler?

• 1 year later...
Serious looking stuff. I'm impressed!! Like the switch to the carbon overhead body... weight and space saving reasons I imagine.

So what sort of mileage do you get out of the bike on mixed riding over a tank of gas??? Does it add enough weight, and power for that matter, to consider stiffer fork /shockie springs??

The carbon intake hat was designed to work with an intercooler and also to distribute the incoming air as evenly as possible. Whether or not the intercooler makes it to production, it has succeeded in the power producing department and is both lightweight and low-profile.

I have been getting nearly 40mpg in normal mixed riding conditions. The only time I noticeably see a drop in mileage is performing flat-out dyno pulls or after a very hard day of sport riding.

You should not be able to notice a difference in weight. The supercharger itself weighs only 6lbs, and the rest of the componentry is mainly aluminum. I will weigh the parts taken off the bike and compare them to the weight of the kit parts soon, as I know others have been wondering what the difference truly is.

Toro,

Another question for you would a PCII work or would you need the III?

vince

I currently only have a working map for the PCIII. The PCII can work, but I would first need to develop a map for it.

Dan, your going to be the "Carroll Shelby" of the VFR's if your not already. After I saw this kit, talked to you on the phone, and reviewed the installation instructions, I eneded up selling my mint 4th gen to get a 5th gen....I had to get a VFR that I could put this kit on. Already started the SC fund. I'll be ready by spring of 2012.

• Member Contributer

Dan, your going to be the "Carroll Shelby" of the VFR's if your not already. After I saw this kit, talked to you on the phone, and reviewed the installation instructions, I eneded up selling my mint 4th gen to get a 5th gen....I had to get a VFR that I could put this kit on. Already started the SC fund. I'll be ready by spring of 2012.

Join the club! :fing02:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Now that is some awesome power right there :fing02: :fing02:

Now, here is the evidence...

Red line = pre charger install.

Green line = A&A Perf. european charger map.

Blue line = Custom map.

I had the dyno recorded, here are my compilation of the goodies

• 1 year later...

Any word on why these kits are discontinued?

I've been thinking about puting a kit on my wish list for in a few years once I get some money behind us in the house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any word on why these kits are discontinued?

I've been thinking about puting a kit on my wish list for in a few years once I get some money behind us in the house.

Dan had to put his family first :( sad for us, awesome for his family. However, he told me he sold it, so lets hope something comes from it.

Anyway, thank you again dan for making my viffer 13 years younger :)

• 7 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Anyone know what color code and name of this orange?

bikepics-741097-full.jpg

• Member Contributer

It's not an OEM paint color, so it's whatever Dan had available, I imagine!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Just about everything on that bike was custom - the paint was probably no exception!  Those were the days - when those kits were in development.  

• 4 months later...