The Rivcyko Fender Re-liminator

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

Just sharing. With things the way they are, right now, I'm projecting this to NOT be a production item. There's a ways to go, yet. Lots of testing, not to mention configuration issues. This is the beginnings of a plug. The Garbage can mud-flap fell short, as the plastic is not viable enough for my particular application. I'll update. The finished, will be red.

100_0126.jpg

100_0125.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

FAIL. The part is trash. Re-do. It is too thin, and has twisted. Poop.

100_0135.jpg

100_0134.jpg

100_0133.jpg

That should keep 6th gen VFR riders backs dry. Good idea using carbon. the material counteracts well it's mostly utilitarian purpose. The compound curved shape also makes it look more OEM. Most would have just used flat stock which would be ugly.

Just wondering Travis, why not make replacement carbon heat shields for OEM 6th gen pipes. It will give many that can't afford the expensive aftermarket pipes for the bike an option to dress up their OEMs instead. Maybe you can design them with nice diagonal louver vents to make them more interesting. Just a thought....

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

looks WORSE than oem IMO , make it triangular with the sides following the angle of sides of exhaust cans, put it at an angle towards rear tire, not sticking out straight like a tongue. Just my opinion, trying to help...as is only a BMW thing is uglier, WTF were they thinking? heres a $400 carbon fibre BMW thing I would rip off and throw in trash can.

8160985_verholen_r12gs_rearsplashgu.jpg

• Member Contributer
Just wondering Travis, why not make replacement carbon heat shields for OEM 6th gen pipes. It will give many that can't afford the expensive aftermarket pipes for the bike an option to dress up their OEMs instead. Maybe you can design them with nice diagonal louver vents to make them more interesting. Just a thought....

Beck

95 VFR

Thurn used to make them. Really not a big seller.

looks WORSE than oem IMO , make it triangular with the sides following the angle of sides of exhaust cans, put it at an angle towards rear tire, not sticking out straight like a tongue. Just my opinion, trying to help...as is only a BMW thing is uglier, WTF were they thinking? heres a $400 carbon fibre BMW thing I would rip off and throw in trash can.

The problem with that is: following the angle of the exhaust would cover the plate, too much. Making it triangular, would negate coverage. Keep in mind, my cans are 2.187" SHORTER than stock.

having not eliminated mine....why are you reliminating it?

Tail lens coverage. After doing the elimination, I found rocks, dirt, etc., beat the snot out of the $850.00 lens assembly.

Final product will be R-157.

I like it... black will make it blend for those who don't want to see it. BTW guys... if you don't like it... don't buy it. Just a thought.

Rock on Trav!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks, Will.

Round 2

100_0137.jpg

FAIL. LOL.

3rd one is the charm. Next pic, will be a finshed one. LOL.

Guest MakMan

Hey, Riv - glutton for Punishment, Huh...? :goofy: I've got a Hugger on mine (04-ABS), along with StainTunes and an Eliminator.

I actually DO Like your idea, since "weather" certainly Is an issue. Bigger problem with mine is that the Eliminator is mounted all way fwd up under seat, and 'Tunes cans are tight, side-to-side, so have had to trim the Plate a bit, just to fit, but overall look IS Much better.

Wondering if there's a better Eliminator combo, or if you DO Make the "3rd time" the Charm, then count me interested.

Besides, prob'ly more fun than a F%&*ing T-Stat "Play Day" anyway, right...?

Hang in there, Man! +1.gif

• Member Contributer

Now,.............testing to see if it catches fire. LOL.

100_0199.jpg

100_0191.jpg

100_0194.jpg

100_0188.jpg

I have got to detail her. Still to cold to wash. "Ride while you can, mentality". LOL.

• Member Contributer

No. It is what it is. Any further down, and one would prolly just paint the stocker. I like how it flows, on MY bike.

No. It is what it is. Any further down, and one would prolly just paint the stocker. I like how it flows, on MY bike.

Fair enough, I have no need for one (at this time) so I was just commenting. I will say the quality looks up to the high standards I saw in my Bug Buster