N8sVFR

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys - glad to see that this old post is still getting some mileage!! Awesome to see what others have done to improve visibility and safety. If I had it to do over again, which I might some day. . . .I would probably go with a slightly different system utilizing relays instead of the diode and resistor technique. I believe that I've gotten some loss of power over time due to natural decay of the performance of the electronics that I chose to use when doing the original build. The LED's aren't quite as bright as they were originally, either due to natural reduction in performance over time of the LED's themselves, or the resistors and diodes.

LED vehcle lighting technology is moving in leaps and bounds and many new designs had come up since this thread was started.

Have you guys noticed the new LED "light tube" lens designs that car makers are now using for their DRL's and tail lights. Pretty good stuff with in most cases, just one or a couple of LED bulbs providing all the needed light that is usually even more intense/brighter then the older, multi LED designs. More efficient, less cost to replace and much better lighting performance than multiple LED designs. Definitely the way LED lighting evolution is going.... Hope to see such in many motorcycles soon..

• Member Contributer

LED vehcle lighting technology is moving in leaps and bounds and many new designs had come up since this thread was started.

Have you guys noticed the new LED "light tube" lens designs that car makers are now using for their DRL's and tail lights. Pretty good stuff with in most cases, just one or a couple of LED bulbs providing all the needed light that is usually even more intense/brighter then the older, multi LED designs. More efficient, less cost to replace and much better lighting performance than multiple LED designs. Definitely the way LED lighting evolution is going.... Hope to see such in many motorcycles soon..

Even Walmart is selling them .