Single Nut 8-spoke Wheel Option

SAFE-T

Mod-O-Meter  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Let me get my wallet

• That is tasty. Going door-to-door collecting pop bottles now.
    • $600 would buy a lot of other farkadoodles. And the Girl Guides took all the pop bottles already.
    • I am just selecting this option to entertain myself

• Member Contributer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DELKEVIC-RV...sQ5fAccessories

This wheel would only fit a 170mm rear tire, but Delkevic says they are currently working on a 17" RC30 replacement wheel as well. Offset and spoke design may be enough to clear even the honking big three-piston caliper of the VFR800, which might clear the way for those of you (Seb ?) that would like an 8-spoke single nut wheel without the hassle of modifying brake systems.

Not sure about their price on the RC30 wheel, but considering the price of the NC30 rim, this should be about a $600 mod including the wheel and single-nut spindle.

I'm a bit of a sucker for the PVM 10Y wheel myself. I have too many projects right now to try this too - but let me know if they have a blowout sale or they start running out or something... might just get one...

• Member Contributer

Possible that the fitment of this rim would fit a 4th gen, seeing how it can accommodate a 170mm rear tire? How would one get a single nut setup to work outside of a hub swap (if possible), are there adapters for 4-bolt to single nut?

Guest Pete McCrary

Before you go fitting a 5" rim you need to start looking at what the tire manufacturers are doing. The 170/60 x 17 is becoming some what of an "odd ball" sized tire. A lot of the really go fast tires are not available in that size at all (Corsa III's, etc).

• Member Contributer

160/60/17 is the OEM fitment on this wheel on the NC35 although a lot of owners put on a 170. I'm not bothered by the idea of a slightly narrower tire for better turn-in and and marginally reduced weight, nor do I feel the need to run soft street tires like the SuperCorsa on a sport-touring bike, but I suppose there may come a day when you truly couldn't find a decent rim protector in a 170.

If I had a 4th gen to play with, I would certainly consider this wheel over an 8-spoke VFR wheel though.

Guess we'll just have to see if they actually do come up with something for the RC30 in 17"x 5.5" that might work for the VFR800 smile.gif

Guest Salty42

Is it just me or did this ''Delkevic'' company seem to come out of nowhere?? They have exhausts too, and everything I've seen from them seems reasonably priced....

Anybody know anything about them??

• Member Contributer

I voted cool mod but I'm more in the mind of going the MUCH more expensive carrozzeria route and gain the unsprung weight benefit. :lurk: But that's not going to happen anytime soon..... sad.gif

• Member Contributer

Delkevic is an "own brand" for major UK bike breaker/dealer/importer DK Motorcycles. DK is a bike breaker (salvage yard) that rose to prominence as a "Parallel Importer" during the 1990s and was one of the few to survive the implosion of that business model (they are currently official Aprilia and Kawasaki dealers, but still seem to dabble in "grey-imported" bikes and used parts from Asia). They developed their Delkevic brand within the last five years or so, mainly offering pattern stainless exhaust headers of debatable quality. A couple of years ago, they got into the aftermarket wheel business, apparently with some success. I was under the impression that the 17" RC30 wheel was already available? In any case, several people on the RC30 Yahoo Group have been in touch with DK about this for some time, and it is definitely coming. Due to the likely pinching of the profile, I would not put a 170-section tire on a 4.5" wheel.

Ciao,

I saw on ebay yesterday that Delkevic is also making a stainless set of headers for the 6th gens. I didnt know this. The price seemed to be half of motad.

I know nothing about Delkevic.

• Member Contributer

Btw, I ordered a set of Predator headers for my 5th-gen last month. They were made by Predator (their stage of production was discussed with me after I had placed my order), but they came in a Motad box... :cool:

Ciao,

I have to wonder about some of you guys.

Do you ride the things? Or are you just tweakers? :huh:

I just wanna ride. :cool: