Deaarlerships In Dallas

bsmitty902

Does anybody in the DFW metroplex now anything about Al Lambs Honda Dealer? Need to get the recall done on my 03. I just moved here this summer. Thanks

They are ok. The parts department is friendly. I have had some success, they helped me get my '86 running again, at a fairish price. But I do get attitude from the service dept ever so often. I have not been to Rockwall Honda yet, but have heard good things from there.

Very new facility though..... shouldn't run into too big of problems.

Guest Salty42

DFW Honda, Rockwall Honda, and Al Lamb's Dallas Honda are the best three in the area. Depending on which one you are closer to. If you take it to Al Lamb's, make sure you ask to have me work on it wink.gif ... just ask for Santiago to be your tech when you bring it in. We are not real busy right now so it would be seen the same day you bring it in; although I'd call first to be sure we have the part when you get here, unless you don't mind dropping it off.

Cool, I think you are the closest to me. I live in the Knots-Henderson area.

I have a ? Do you have an idea what it would cost for a valve job on a VTEC model. Mine is an 03 with about 24,000. I never had one done and don't really think I need one. Just wondering what the cost is. I give the shop a call to see if the Parts are on hand.

Guest Salty42

24000mi service is $375 just labor... and does NOT include a valve clearance check.

Valve clearance inspections are done at 16k mi intervals... when checking valves at scheduled maint. intervals on VFRs and STs, we almost never have to make an adjustment, as they are 99.9% of the time still in spec.

Hope this helps...

24000mi service is $375 just labor... and does NOT include a valve clearance check.

Valve clearance inspections are done at 16k mi intervals... when checking valves at scheduled maint. intervals on VFRs and STs, we almost never have to make an adjustment, as they are 99.9% of the time still in spec.

Hope this helps...

Does Al Lambs stock the the valve buckets or shims or whatever it takes? I am thinking of checking mine, but it is my commuter and I can't leave it down for weeks waiting for parts.

Guest Salty42

Yes, we have a wide assortment of the shims that would be needed should any valve clearances be out of spec.

For the shim under bucket type, we charge a set price to check them and then an additional fee should there be any adjustment required. Since I'm not at work right now I can't quote you the fee for inspecting the clearances; but we do charge as needed on the adjustment say if only one shim needed changed it would be the cheapest and if they all needed changing that would be the most expensive.

More often than not, the valve clearances are in spec and in need of no adjustment on the VFRs and on the ST1300s...FWIW