I Am Tired Of People Riding My A$$

Guest sigsauer33

• Member Contributer

I've never been in a gang (and never intend to), but it's not uncommon for their bylaws to dictate that you must own either an HD or Indian.

I've never been in a gang (and never intend to), but it's not uncommon for their bylaws to dictate that you must own either an HD or Indian.

There is a Marine Corps Motorcycle Club but they do have one rule, you have to have an american made motorcycle. So every time i talk to one of them i tell them that they should ride naked since their clothes are made in china!

• Member Contributer
So every time i talk to one of them i tell them that they should ride naked since their clothes are made in china!

Careful what you wish for... :fing02: :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons or used them with little provocation.

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark, with fiery consequences.

Both sides flame at the same time, regardless of whether the attack is coming from just one side of the vehicle, or whether passersby are on the other side. But the breadth and depth of blast can be modified according to individual preference.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/fl...ar/240x180.html

I often thought of hooking up a system that would shoot tight blue/red flames out the exhaust so it looked kinda like an afterburners.

Fond memories of FB-111s hitting the afterburners and pointing the nose in the sky on an elephant walk I guess.

Does this make me a squid?

• Member Contributer

Good luck getting your enviro-friendly VFR's exhaust gasses to contain all the unburnt fuel required for exhaust flames to work. Even taking out the Catalytic converter you'd have to seriously mess with your air/fuel ratio...

Maybe Cozye will design a new map for this!

I've seen these on old school, carbeurated big blocks with manual chokes, but don't think it'd work on anything else.

In case you were actually serious. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
For tailgaters, I read of one guy who liked to casually toss peanut m&m's at offending cars. The m&m's make a big noise but don't really do any damage. I always liked that idea, but the plausible deniability of "Honestly officer, I was just eating them when they slipped out of my hand" wouldn't work so well with a full face helmet!

I'm trying to imagine grabbing a handful of m&m's in my leather gloves when the temperature is 100 degrees. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
For tailgaters, I read of one guy who liked to casually toss peanut m&m's at offending cars. The m&m's make a big noise but don't really do any damage. I always liked that idea, but the plausible deniability of "Honestly officer, I was just eating them when they slipped out of my hand" wouldn't work so well with a full face helmet!

I'm trying to imagine grabbing a handful of m&m's in my leather gloves when the temperature is 100 degrees. :biggrin:

Oh come on, they melt in your mouth, not in your... glove?

I just don’t understand the whole tailgater problem thing. In my 40+ years of almost full time riding I can hardly think of a time when I was not able to get a tailgater to back off using nothing more than a gentle open palm backwards motion for them to see.

• Member Contributer
I just don't understand the whole tailgater problem thing. In my 40+ years of almost full time riding I can hardly think of a time when I was not able to get a tailgater to back off using nothing more than a gentle open palm backwards motion for them to see.

Actually, this is a good point. Left hand downward, palm open, like the "stop" signal but more vigarous has worked well for me.

• Member Contributer

There is a Marine Corps Motorcycle Club but they do have one rule, you have to have an american made motorcycle. So every time i talk to one of them i tell them that they should ride naked since their clothes are made in china!

Maybe somebody forgot to tell them that until last year, most (if not all) of Honda's cruisers were made in Ohio.

I just don’t understand the whole tailgater problem thing. In my 40+ years of almost full time riding I can hardly think of a time when I was not able to get a tailgater to back off using nothing more than a gentle open palm backwards motion for them to see.

It hasn't happened to me very often, but I just pull over. Doing anything else simply isn't worth the risk for me.

If I feel someone is riding my _ss I make the bike do a little weave and wobble.

It always works, people back off if they think you might drop it in front of them.

• Member Contributer

A title such as this really shouldn't be on a VFR forum. "Riding My A$$" is just not a part of our vocabulary!

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- Crime-obsessed South Africans have a powerful new weapon with which to stop likely criminals: the car flamethrower.

Casting a man-high fireball, reportedly with no damage to the paint, the Blaster has been placed on 25 South African vehicles since its introduction last month.

At 3,900 rand ($655), it offers a cheap, dramatic defense against carjackers. It has yet to be deemed illegal.

South African courts allow killing if convinced that it's in self-defense. The defense is not unheard of. In last year's 13,000 carjackings, criminals often brandished weapons or used them with little provocation.

The Blaster squirts liquefied gas from a bottle in the automobile's trunk through two nozzles, located under the front doors. The gas is then ignited by an electric spark, with fiery consequences.

Both sides flame at the same time, regardless of whether the attack is coming from just one side of the vehicle, or whether passersby are on the other side. But the breadth and depth of blast can be modified according to individual preference.

I am fairly certain you can get this as a production feature on many luxury autos in South Africa. At least that is what my South African friend told me. His sister in law was car jacked in Johannesburg, but fortunately they just took the car and left her alone. I understand it happens regularly in South Africa. Apparently they only get $400 per car.

I'm pretty sure if you had that fire thing here the cops would find something to ticket or arrest you for. :laugh:

Those old lug nuts must have gotten kicked up a passing cars tires though. :biggrin:

I find using the throttle gets rid of tailgaters. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I am fairly certain you can get this as a production feature on many luxury autos in South Africa. At least that is what my South African friend told me. His sister in law was car jacked in Johannesburg, but fortunately they just took the car and left her alone. I understand it happens regularly in South Africa. Apparently they only get $400 per car.

you bet....

I spend 5 weeks in Southa Africa (Joburg mainly) and we were instructed that if we were jacked we'd NOT try to resist them....

Even the guy in the ANC mini van told us he might as well write "TARGET" on the sides because his van was a shiney new one.....

• Member Contributer

Yeah that's a good way, unless they're a female on the phone! They will never even notice!

• Member Contributer

I still have my fender and it's completely covered with black reflective tape. I also have regular reflective tape on the bottoms of my passenger pegs, etc etc.. When the sun is at my back I know it works because not only do people back off, they back WAY off..

I also have LED brake lights in addition to my stock ones.

Still get tailgated though..

Don't carry marbles or lug nuts, carry ROCKS and make sure your fingerprints aren't on them. They will blend right in with the rest of the debris on the highway.

• Member Contributer
I've thought about a small bag of glass marbles, or just pick the marbles off BR's track bike and flip them over my shoulder at the offending car. In an unscientific poll, I find women with cell phones offend my rear space more often than any others. Let me clarify I am talking about the rear space of my VFR while riding.

Muff

For years I carried 1/4 nuts in my fairing pockets. After a wave off to the rear and no back-off, I would drop a nut.....first one was dropped down by my leg. They bounce qiute nicely under the chassis and rattle. If that did not work & I felt threatened, next one was over the shoulder...Had to do it a few times. Road debris ......

• Member Contributer
I've thought about a small bag of glass marbles, or just pick the marbles off BR's track bike and flip them over my shoulder at the offending car. In an unscientific poll, I find women with cell phones offend my rear space more often than any others. Let me clarify I am talking about the rear space of my VFR while riding.

Muff

For years I carried 1/4 nuts in my fairing pockets. After a wave off to the rear and no back-off, I would drop a nut.....first one was dropped down by my leg. They bounce qiute nicely under the chassis and rattle. If that did not work & I felt threatened, next one was over the shoulder...Had to do it a few times. Road debris ......

To paraphrase the nasty frenchman said in the Monty Python movie: I'll fart in their general direction....

Muff

• 2 years later...

Back when I was younger (dumber?) and my old FZR had a straight through Micron exhaust and overly rich jetting, I found that 2-3 seconds of kill switch combined with WOT and then kill switch back on produced a quite impressive fireball that made even the most aggressive driver back off. It helped that after the fireball that little FZR would outrun damn near anything short of a zx11 to 120.

Holy carp... sorry for resurrecting a long dead post.

• Member Contributer

Also keep in mind this is a joke I would never put this on just to get people off my A$$ but It think that it would look cool coming from the exhaust!

I think the smoke screen is a safer option. Won't catch the base on fire either.

Archived