Mod Of The Week.

soichiro

I wonder if i'll get razzed for my mod this week?

I bought a small cover for the rear axle hub. I have one red and one black. I need to buy another one, as the 2 I have are over 1 year old. . I found them at home depot IIRC. To make it really trick I added a wal mart safety first sticker. I didnt want the wal mart part so I gave the smiley a fro. Sorry to make yall jealous with my super trick mods. :biggrin: :laugh:

DSC03794.jpg

You and your stickers... :biggrin:

I know you put it there because it almost came loose on ya - so it makes sense to me!

The nut was completly loose. I didnt know a thing until the rear end felf funny in corners. I stopped and sure enough the wheel was able to walk back and forth, scary stuff. The nut was untouched from the factory, It was notched.

The sticker is cheap. It will probably come off in a week. Good thing I have a whp;e roll.I do have at least 4 bags of stickers from my mx career. Tons of stickers.

It does look pretty good with a black or red cap. It finishes out the rear somewhat.

• Member Contributer
Hey, I've got a question, what about the opposite side, on the rim itself. Has anyone ever come up with some kinda of "centercap" for the hole in the middle of the rear rim? Just curious...

A few have. Don't recall, right now, (Think H.S. MAY be one). Lots of folks just but a chrome cap, from the hardware store. Some have the fake, "knock-off", hub cover. I was thinking of making a 4 spoke spinner, (of glass, C.F., or tex.), to match the radi, (offset in the open areas, of the rim), but it seemed to hooptie.

Sorry guys.

The only plug that fits the hub is a plug from home depot, Lowes doesnt have one to fit the hub.

I havent found a single plug that will work for the whole in the wheel.