’84 Honda Vf750f Interceptor : A Rebuild

Sparrow75

• 1 month later...

Great thread, Sparrow! I am embarking on the same journey with the '83 I bought Friday. Must say your thread was an inspiration. Thanks for the many detailed pix you've posted and the detail of your writing. B.Rex

• 1 month later...

I just read through this as I am doing the same with a 83, I realy like how you did the color scheme..

Great job. I hope mine turns out as nice.

• 2 years later...

First let me introduce myself, I am Andy Jacques AKA Lord Froggy, your rebuild and paint scheme in incredible. I just bought a few months ago an 86 750 Interceptor with a rebuilt engine and lots of new parts but I wanted a ride which looked different, your's gave me the courage to start stripping mine and make it...well mine. Thanks for the tips and tricks ( electrical tape for clean lines, etc ). If it was not for VFRD I probably would still be looking for tips and tricks, what a site. I've included a pic of what I bought and the beginning of the changes, Ill be posting as I go along. Again thanks for giving me the drive and ideas for my ride. Any suggestions appreciated.post-26234-0-36173200-1350900356.jpg

post-26234-0-86261800-1350900386.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi LordFroggy,

Good to see you are keeping an oldie running! There are lots of great posts of builds here (where I got most of my info). My suggestion would be to not rush and allow time for unexpected problems (like if you snap off a bolt somewhere, can you extract it?). I went slow with my rattle can paint job and its is still holding. I did a 10 000km trip this summer and bike had no issues other than a slightly leaky fork seal at the end of the 3 weeks.

So checking everything and putting in the time and effort in your build may very well result in a reliable bike. Looking forward to seeing your rebuild photos.

Cheers!

• 3 years later...

Archived