My New Azz Thanks To Kanadian Ken

Guest WilliamM

Guest WilliamM

Light looks good. I will have some pics with it on tomorrow.

I saw the idea from another forum on here with your plate.

I was worried about clearance so I have a friend that is about the weight as me sit on the bike and there is about 4" of clearance. I will still need to check it with a passenger.

I have to say that the install was really easy. Took about 40 mins with this being my first time taking the rear apart. Could easily be done on 20-30mins,

Uh....... thanks, I think........?

Hey - thats a cool way to mount the plate. How does the light work to light up the licence plate, or more importantly the VFR laser cut ?

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Yep, my "A$$" has been took care of a lot better since meeting Ken also......... :pissed: He's gonna' be helping me with my "TRUNK" soon also.............. :beer:

Guest WilliamM

Ok, quick update. This morning I had myself and another guy get on the bike (over 450lbs total) and the suspension bottomed out but there was still a couple inches of clearance for the plate mounted off the bottom brackets.

I am going to play with some ideas of putting something behind the VFR cut out, maybe some LED's so that is rally stands out. I will get more pics posted as I play with it.

• Member Contributer

Hmmm.... What about 3/8" plexiglass with a translucent paint. Then top mount the LEDs so the plexi lights up? That way you won't have pinpoints of light from the LEDs but the whole cut out will be lit.

• Member Contributer
If your ass needs attention then Ken is the guy you want to see.

Oh man, this thread is going in a strange direction... :blink:

Yeah, thats so unlike this site to have a thread go :rolleyes: :biggrin: :fing02: :fing02:

• Member Contributer
If your ass needs attention then Ken is the guy you want to see.

Oh man, this thread is going in a strange direction... :goofy:

Yeah, thats so unlike this site to have a thread go :rolleyes: :fing02: :blink: :goofy:

:biggrin: ..................... :ohmy: ...say it ain't so......"you people" need to shape up and follow my example......... :dry:

................... :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Yep, my "A$$" has been took care of a lot better since meeting Ken also.........

Yep....but not to worry, you'll get plenty of warning. It's not until he gives you that "come hither" look that you'll need to check your 6. :rolleyes:

DSCN0185.jpg

• Member Contributer

Especially from a guy who likes his sleeman :biggrin:

Yep, my "A$$" has been took care of a lot better since meeting Ken also.........

Yep....but not to worry, you'll get plenty of warning. It's not until he gives you that "come hither" look that you'll to check your 6. :rolleyes:

DSCN0185.jpg

• Member Contributer
Where's Ken while his good name is being tarnished in this thread................. :biggrin:

probably busy powdering his........ oh, nevermind. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Where's Ken while his good name is being tarnished in this thread................. :biggrin:

His rims, you meant I hope... wink.gif

• Member Contributer
Where's Ken while his good name is being tarnished in this thread................. :fing02:

His rims, you meant I hope... wink.gif

ummm....yes....that's it. :biggrin: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Oh man!

You guys are kiling me. :rolleyes:

Here I am laughing out loud in the middle of an otherwise very somber room of people (I work for a bank).

• Member Contributer
Oh man!

You guys are kiling me. :biggrin:

Here I am laughing out loud in the middle of an otherwise very somber room of people (I work for a bank).

you won't be laughing when he offers to...ahem... polish your helmet. :rolleyes:

DSCN0177.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wiped the smile right off my face :fing02:

Oh man!

You guys are kiling me. :biggrin:

you won't be laughing when he offers to...ahem... polish your helmet. :rolleyes:

DSCN0177.jpg

• Member Contributer
Hmmm.... What about 3/8" plexiglass with a translucent paint. Then top mount the LEDs so the plexi lights up? That way you won't have pinpoints of light from the LEDs but the whole cut out will be lit.

Great Idea! I have my license plate mounted the same way. I've been thinking of putting a LED lighted reflector behind the VFR cut, but that might be a better idea. Where do you get translucent paint? Do you think this would light the VFR cut out evenly? I already have some Lexan that I used as the new bracket for my hardbags (I'll attach a pic later), and I'm excited about getting the cut out lit up.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

To answer some questions:

My license plate DID bottom out the first time I rode it, bent the crap out of it, so I simply bent it back a little farther than normal the other way and it now works fine.

The license plate light still does light up the plate.

--Ryan

Not to be terribly on topic, but is that just mounting the plate from the bottom two holes, essentially leaving it hanging?

I like the idea of lighting up the VFR lasercut, now I have to go play with LEDs and edge lighting to see if I can make plexiglass glow. I hate having to tinker! (of course I don't)

• Member Contributer
Especially from a guy who likes his sleeman :biggrin:

Yep....but not to worry, you'll get plenty of warning. It's not until he gives you that "come hither" look that you'll to check your 6. :rolleyes:

DSCN0185.jpg

A sleestack?

sleestack2.jpg