Power Commander Maps Cozeys map PC3 non usb

Guest Iannn

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=49

File Name: Cozeys map PC3 non usb

File Submitter: Iannn

File Submitted: 13 Aug 2008

File Updated: 08 Dec 2009

File Category: Power Commander Maps

Cozeys map for non usb model power commander 3. Every other line taken out to work with rpm change every 500 rpms instead of every 250 rpms as with PC3 usb model. For some reason it would not let me use the .map file extension so I just picked another one that it would let me load. I think you can just change it manually from .mov to .map and it should work fine.

Click here to download this file

• 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer

File Updated: 21 Sep 2008

Cozeys map for non usb model power commander 3. Every other line taken out to work with rpm change every 500 rpms instead of every 250 rpms as with PC3 usb model. For some reason it would not let me use the .map file extension so I just picked another one that it would let me load. I think you can just change it manually from .mov to .map and it should work fine.

HI, i have downloaded the file and installed it, WOW, what a difference it made, so smooth, vtec transition is almost non existent.

Very happy.

One question, before i use to run on regular gas, with the pc and this map should i run with premium ?

thanks

• Member Contributer

HI, i have downloaded the file and installed it, WOW, what a difference it made, so smooth, vtec transition is almost non existent.

Very happy.

One question, before i use to run on regular gas, with the pc and this map should i run with premium ?

thanks

Not necessary. Power Commander's for the VFR change only the fuel curve, NOT the ignition curve. They do make some for race bikes that let you advance the ignition timing, but not for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

Very happy.

thanks

Not necessary. Power Commander's for the VFR change only the fuel curve, NOT the ignition curve. They do make some for race bikes that let you advance the ignition timing, but not for the VFR.

On regular fuel, yesterday in traffic at low speed, i had a strange behaviour, the bike had hik kop, did'nt want to take fuel or something, engine was not smooth at all. I was strugglingto keep it moving.

I was wondering if it could be the fuel or something else. First time that has ever happened to me.

On highway, everything is smooth.

• Member Contributer

Very happy.

thanks

On regular fuel, yesterday in traffic at low speed, i had a strange behaviour, the bike had hik kop, did'nt want to take fuel or something, engine was not smooth at all. I was strugglingto keep it moving.

I was wondering if it could be the fuel or something else. First time that has ever happened to me.

Octane rating (regular, midgrade, premium) is a measure of how easily the gasoline will "explode" or detonate with regular being the easiest to detonate. All Premium fuel does is prevent early detonation in high compression engines. If you use too low of an octane rating in an engine like this you'll get premature detonation where the gasoline ignites before the spark, before the piston is at the upper position, it is loud, and not like a hiccup. Changing a fuel map would not cause this.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Did you make any changes before doing this besides the new map? Has it happened since? Did removing the map help? What throttle position and RPM's were you at?

--Ryan

• Member Contributer

Very happy.

thanks

Octane rating (regular, midgrade, premium) is a measure of how easily the gasoline will "explode" or detonate with regular being the easiest to detonate. All Premium fuel does is prevent early detonation in high compression engines. If you use too low of an octane rating in an engine like this you'll get premature detonation where the gasoline ignites before the spark, before the piston is at the upper position, it is loud, and not like a hiccup. Changing a fuel map would not cause this.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Did you make any changes before doing this besides the new map? Has it happened since? Did removing the map help? What throttle position and RPM's were you at?

--Ryan

I did change the spark plugs last week but everything was fine. It has not happened since and i did not removed the map.

Throttle position was very low, first gear, 5 to 10 mph.

Yesterday i did refill the tank with premium, seems to run better.

perhaps last tank had crapy fuel ???

next tank i'll be back on regular and i will repost comments.

Archived