Custom Dyno Map- 2007 Vfr800 W/ Abs

knight4u872

Bike: 2007 Honda Interceptor VFR800AS7 (ABS) 25th Anniversary Edition

Adds: PC III USB (Dyno'd Custom Map) w/ LCD Screen, Garmin Zumo 550 w/ XM Radio, Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth

Adds: Gastank Camera Mount, Factory Hard Saddlebags, Frame Sliders, Puig Double Bubble Windscreen

Mods: Two Bros Dual VALE, Removed all PAIR equipment & Hoses w/ Blockoff Plates Installed

Mods: Removed All Evap Equipment & Hoses. (All Mods Weight loss of 26 Lbs)

Just wanted to post what my mods have done and what the Dyno run had performed between the stock DynoJet mapping and the new custom mapping. This Dyno run shows just a custom fuel map change only for the PC III USB.

This map was custom done by an official DynoJet Research Tunning center.

Before: Running stock DynoJet 2006 Staintune Slipon Exhaust (Downloadable from DynoJets WebSite)

After: Custom mapped for mods done (see Above).

This custom mapping economizes cruising fuel utilization (<20% Throttle - Under VTEC 6600 RPM). It also optimizes performance for >20% throttle any RPM and all throttle positions with VTEC engaged (6600 RPM).

As you can see by the before and after the VTEC transition is smoothed out and it has added HP to the whole curve.

2007_VFR800ABS_Dyno.jpg

If you want this map you can get it here: 2007_VFR800_ABS_TWOBROS_PAIR_EVAP.zip

Please note that this map has been tailored for a 2007 VFR800 ABS with a Two Brothers Dual VALE Exhaust. The PAIR Equipment was removed (with blockoff plates installed from Topo Parts and also complete EVAP Canister and hoses removed and capped at the throttle body intake.

I would like to thank Steve for perfoming the tunning for the custom map. His work really made the bike feel much better through complete throttle response and engine performance. It has to be felt to be believed. Weight Loss + More HP = Awesome Feel!

Thanks for the write up and be sure to post the map. Too bad you weren't able to do a before/after mods comparo. I wonder what the dyno figures would have been before axing the pair valve and adding the after market pipe and PCIII. Your custom map is adding a total HP gain of 2.16, all of it above 8500. Torque increase is .6 ft lb, most of it also above 8500RPM. Every little bit helps, but I would imagine the smoothed out power delivery and the 26 lb diet (almost 5% :mellow: ) is most of what your seat-o-the-pants-o-meter is feeling. I am curious as to what a dyno tuning session for the PC III costs.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting Warren, I could stand to lose those 26lbs right off the gut :mellow:

Good to hear your happy with the results of the mapping, now to the track :unsure: :fing02:

I am curious as to what a dyno tuning session for the PC III costs.

I believe it is around $250-$300 for a full customized mapping on a dyno. The mapping was basically free for me since I won a raffle drawing to be redeemed at Las Vegas DynoTech and I used it for the custom mapping since I needed it.

• Member Contributer

I believe it is around $250-$300 for a full customized mapping on a dyno. The mapping was basically free for me since I won a raffle drawing to be redeemed at Las Vegas DynoTech and I used it for the custom mapping since I needed it.

Niiiiiiiiicccceeeeeeee!! :biggrin:

I was in Las Vegas last month and didn't win a damn thing! :biggrin:

Edited by RRW

• Member Contributer

I was in Las Vegas last month and didn't win a damn thing! :fing02:

And here I am thinkin your a "Playa" tongue.gif

• 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

just throwing this up there

c291dfef.jpg

nothing fancy just K&N air filter and a gutted stock exhaust

You gained over 6 HP and almost 4 lb/ft from a custom mapping?! Holy Crap!

Buy a PCV instead of the PCIII and add Auto-Tune for less than $250 and you'll never need a custom maps no matter how many mods you make!