Vtec Recall Wiring Schematic

Guest eric29

Guest eric29

So this new updated wiring for the 02 vfr.Does anyone have an updated wiring schematic for this or know where to get it?The service tech gave me a blank stare like he had no clue what one is or why you would need it.

• Member Contributer
So this new updated wiring for the 02 vfr.Does anyone have an updated wiring schematic for this or know where to get it?The service tech gave me a blank stare like he had no clue what one is or why you would need it.

The service tech should have access to the 16 page service bulletin that Mother Honda put out. The last four pages show the updated schematic. Unfortunately I scanned my copy (and threw away the original, :rolleyes: ) but the scan didn't come out clear enough to decipher the lines.

• Member Contributer

I got it...shoot me an email address to send it, or maybe I can upload it here?

Edited: I uploaded the recall PDF file to the Downloads area, under "Owners Manuals and other", titled "2002-2005 Wire Harness Replacement Recall PDF".

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't find the file in there

here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=51

Not sure if there all the same anyway as there's several Recall harnesses (02/03 & 04/05) :rolleyes:

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:

We could not find the file specified

Maybe I ain't allowed to look at it?

I can't see it either, and I get the same error message from that link. Maybe it's off limits to all except the submitter and mods for some reason? Jeff (NVR2L8) was kind enough to send me a copy via email. You can PM me with your address and I'll forward it to you.

Upload probably has to be approved. I will host it in the meantime if needed, if someone will email it to me. I have a hard copy, but no way to convert it to PDF.

Interestingly enough, the 2002 wiring shows 2 wires to the front turn signals, when my current bike has 3....I haven't had the recall done yet, so I wonder if they change the bulb housings?

This is not the recall wiring schematic, as it still has the Monitor wiring going through the Ignition Switch. This is also for the European Bikes, which have a side light? And an Immobilizer?

most parts are the same, but certainly NOT the recall wiring harness,

• Member Contributer
This is not the recall wiring schematic, as it still has the Monitor wiring going through the Ignition Switch.

Yea, and it's a schematic for a European model.

Not sure where I got the PDF file that I uploaded to the Downloads section...it was someone on this site though...but I do know that it's the exact same document that the dealer showed me when my bike was in for the recall. Anyway, that is the file that needs to be approved.

Here you go....

schema-vfr800-a5-ABS.jpg

Interesting is that a photo of your computer screen? next time just push the print screen button and copy paste into a paint program

Nope... a photo made of the Haynes manual i guess.... found it on the net....

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for North American VFRs? Specifically a 2004 VFR. :fing02:

I am having electrical issues big time. I am about one step away from lighting a match and walking away.

• Member Contributer
The schematics for 2004-2005 STD/ABS are in the recall PDF.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=51

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for North American VFRs? Specifically a 2004 VFR. :fing02:

I am having electrical issues big time. I am about one step away from lighting a match and walking away.

I have what happens without the fix....

gallery_1799_2098_205838.jpg

DSC00983.JPG

gallery_1799_2098_1205115.jpg

DSC00988.JPG

gallery_1799_2098_1353156.jpg

DSC00987.JPG

• Member Contributer

You are the reason for the fix!

"YOU'RE ON FIRE!"

"Oh, thanks man."

"NO, YOU'RE ON FUCKING FIRE!"

Hahahah. :fing02: :goofy: F***! That is funny. Ok, I'm not sober right now, but it it still quite funny, ain't it?

ppm

• Member Contributer

So why on earth would you buy another VFR? Those are some crazy pictures.

I just want to get my vfr fixed. Make sure everything is ok (run it for 300miles) and then sell it. My VFR days are limited.

• Member Contributer

You are the reason for the fix!

"YOU'RE ON FIRE!"

"Oh, thanks man."

"NO, YOU'RE ON FUCKING FIRE!"

Hahahah. :happy: :goofy: F***! That is funny. Ok, I'm not sober right now, but it it still quite funny, ain't it?

ppm

What's funnier is to hear him tell it in person, with or without the people that were there telling him it was on fire, when there were flames coming out of the bike. His bike literally burned down and Honda bought him a new 07 RWB after not being able to fix his bike, and issuing the wiring harness recall because of his bonfire.

• Member Contributer

So why on earth would you buy another VFR? Those are some crazy pictures.

I just want to get my vfr fixed. Make sure everything is ok (run it for 300miles) and then sell it. My VFR days are limited.

Honda bought him a new one.

The VFR is a good bike, just has a couple issues, like wiring. I doubt you will find any bike that doesn't have issues. If you are able to fix your wiring problem, you will likely be trouble free from here on out.

• Member Contributer
The VFR is a good bike, just has a couple issues, like wiring. I doubt you will find any bike that doesn't have issues. If you are able to fix your wiring problem, you will likely be trouble free from here on out.

Yes every bike does have issues. I just never had this many breakdowns before. This one is sorta "the straw that broke the camels back". The biggest problem this time around is the Electrosport Stator I inadvertently bought this rmstator.com. I should have noticed that before! ah well. OEM from here on out.