Rear Brake Lever Adjustment On My '06

Guest Gunzer

Guest Gunzer

My foot rides on the rear brake lever while I'm on the peg of my '06. I would like to lower it a bit. I want to be sure not to f up the operation of the brake light while at it. Can anyone be specific about to to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Gunzer

My foot rides on the rear brake lever while I'm on the peg of my '06. I would like to lower it a bit. I want to be sure not to f up the operation of the brake light while at it. Can anyone be specific about to to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Gunzer

You should be cruising on the balls of your feet. You should not have your heels on the pegs. There isnt really an adjustment for the brake pedal. You could adjust the master cylinder and brake switch but you would just be compensating for poor foot placement.

I have big feet as well.

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

Gunzer

You should be cruising on the balls of your feet. You should not have your heels on the pegs. There isnt really an adjustment for the brake pedal. You could adjust the master cylinder and brake switch but you would just be compensating for poor foot placement.

I have big feet as well.

:rolleyes:

Guest Gunzer

Thanks,

Gunzer

I have big feet as well.

:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Gunzer

yes adjust the lever it wont effect the light, but you can test it out, My first set of pads only lasted 7500 mile because my foot was riding on it(they have it adjusted too high, after adjusting , pad life more than doubled >G<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loosenut

You do have another choice. Just cut and reposition the pedal. You just need a good welder. I have seen this done many time on off-road bikes.

Thanks,

Gunzer

I have big feet as well.

I have small feet (9-9.5). If I ride on the balls of my feet, I can't reach the shifter or the brake. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Thanks,

Gunzer

I have big feet as well.

Actually, there's quite of bit of adjustment in the rear brake pedal. Many of us who've gone with lower foot pegs (Buell or BLS blocks) have had to lower the pedal. :idea3:

Gunzer, check out these post for instructions on how to adjust your brake pedal. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry215329

<sarcasim>That's news to me about cruising on the balls of my feet. Guess I've been doing it wrong for the last 40k miles. </sarcasim>

Seriously though, he can put his foot anywhere he wants if he just out cruising. If he's out in the twisties, then yes, definitely get those feet up! :blink: