Mystery Seat

fastrc46

• Member Contributer

Ran across this on e-bay a while back. I've never seen a seat like this before. It must be custom made for the Iron Butt.

Any thoughts?

gallery_2395_3987_18510.jpg

b487_12.jpg

gallery_2395_3987_7870.jpg

5266_12.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nah... dat seat iz de berry cuzstoom seat from me couson in Kazakstan.

He make special seat for fat ass wife.

He make seat for to carry your fat ass too.

Borat

"sorry I could not help my self. Never have I seen this style, and sorry but I would never buy one either.

• Member Contributer

JC Whitney? My first thoughts were actually,"Kill it!" Looks kind of Cruiser like. Hey like they said in the 70's if it feels go do it. Yeah baby. After seeing your seat I'm feeling groovy all over again. :laugh: :biggrin: :ohmy: :cool:

• Member Contributer
Bill Mayer saddle?

I might be Bill Mayer, but I don't think so. I have one, and I know the guys from spending a day a the Ojai factory this spring. They have big bucket cores like that, but I don't think they'd make one for a VFR that wide. Who knows, though, they will build you whatever you want!

When they made mine, they actually started with a core that was shaped much like that, set it down in my seat and then carved most of it away, then glued other pieces in and carved more until they had the shape I wanted. I should do a post showing pictures of the process.

It looks like it would be comfy, but boy is that butt-ugly or what?

• Member Contributer
Bill Mayer saddle?

I might be Bill Mayer, but I don't think so. I have one, and I know the guys from spending a day a the Ojai factory this spring. They have big bucket cores like that, but I don't think they'd make one for a VFR that wide. Who knows, though, they will build you whatever you want!

When they made mine, they actually started with a core that was shaped much like that, set it down in my seat and then carved most of it away, then glued other pieces in and carved more until they had the shape I wanted. I should do a post showing pictures of the process.

It's a Russel Day Lond\g saddle.

A lot of BMW, ST1100/1300 riders use them.

http://www.day-long.com/

And, yes, they are ugly...function over form.

• Member Contributer

Yes - I didn't think of Russell. That makes a lot more sense.

"?? What the hell is it ??"

What is it? It's ugly, that's what it is! :biggrin:

Just kidding. Well, not really. I mean it IS ugly. That thing looks like one of those ribbed vinyl seats from a '70s car. But I bet it's also very comfortable and serves it's purpose well.

• Member Contributer
"?? What the hell is it ??"

Just kidding. Well, not really. I mean it IS ugly. That thing looks like one of those ribbed vinyl seats from a '70s car. But I bet it's also very comfortable and serves it's purpose well.

Looks like my VTX seat, I guess if you carried a bike cover with you all the time on the VFR,,,,,,,,,, NAH, I'd still not have it on my bike, toooo fugly

• Member Contributer
Nah... dat seat iz de berry cuzstoom seat from me couson in Kazakstan.

He make special seat for fat ass wife.

He make seat for to carry your fat ass too.

Borat

"sorry I could not help my self. Never have I seen this style, and sorry but I would never buy one either.

:biggrin: :laugh: Now that's funny!!! :cool: :ohmy:

• Member Contributer
Bill Mayer saddle?

I knew someone here would know.

I thought maybe they were trying to match the front turn signals or something. :biggrin:

No, I don't want one. It is way ugly.

• Member Contributer

Just kidding. Well, not really. I mean it IS ugly.

I have a 'day long' on the ST1300 and it may be ugly but my butt ain't anything to write home about either. So butt to butt ugly works for me. BTW it is a heck of a lot more comfortable than the Sargent I have on the VFR.

Geezer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

the seat would also promote proper riding position with making you sit there instead of hang off the bike and it looks realllllly comfy

Guest Faith7
Bill Mayer saddle?

A lot of BMW, ST1100/1300 riders use them. bingo

Yes - I didn't think of Russell. That makes a lot more sense.

I did.......

Her name is JANE RUSSELL :491:

She was the spokeswoman for the Playtex 18hr bra :blush: :wub:

(Not exactly as illustrated: Dealer may sell for less.)

MoveoverPortDover.gifav-171.gif

But no; I didn't realize she was into 18hr seats too..... :fing02:

This post won't last that long though...... :biggrin: :ohmy: :squid: :squid:

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: