Water For Fuel?

• Member Contributer
Has anyone thought about making a water powered fuel cell bike or car or has one working? This may interest ya.

http://water4fuelguide.com/

I have a customer that is making one for his car that will cost less then $500.

Let us know how it works out. I'm skeptical of all the advertising. Water injection has been used for years to reduce combustion temperature, but I don't know about a mileage increase. If "they" are making an electrolysis system that can actually extract the hydrogen then that would be different. I went to a presentation once where a guy had "invented" an electric motor that more than 100% efficient, but was still in development stages. he was looking for investors...

• Member Contributer

This, and all of the “run on water” stories are BS. They are all scam artists trying to con people out of money.

Separating Hydrogen from Oxygen takes more energy (in the form of electricity) than can be gained by burning the hydrogen.

FYI They are not running 100% on the Hydrogen gas made. The Hydrogen gas is added to the motor in addition to fossil fuel. My customer is adding his Hydrogen gas via I think vacuum line that all ready hooked in to the air in take of the motor. He is expecting to get better gas mileage not stop using fossil fuel all together.

• Member Contributer
This, and all of the "run on water" stories are BS. They are all scam artists trying to con people out of money.

Separating Hydrogen from Oxygen takes more energy (in the form of electricity) than can be gained by burning the hydrogen.

%201.gif

• Member Contributer
FYI They are not running 100% on the Hydrogen gas made. The Hydrogen gas is added to the motor in addition to fossil fuel. My customer is adding his Hydrogen gas via I think vacuum line that all ready hooked in to the air in take of the motor. He is expecting to get better gas mileage not stop using fossil fuel all together.

The issue is, where does the hydrogen come from?

If using electrolysis to get hydrogen from water, you are using the engine to power an alternator, which powers the electrolysis, to power the engine. :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Seriously though, Isn't fuel cell technology water based in some way??

Fuel cells are real. They chemically convert a fuel into electricity.

The "water fuel cell" was one of the many scams.

ETA Wikipedia info:

Water Fuel Cell

The water fuel cell is a device invented by American Stanley Meyer, which he claimed could convert water into its component elements, hydrogen and oxygen, using less energy than can be obtained by the subsequent combustion of those elements, a process that results the reconstitution of the water molecules. Thus, if the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating both the first and second laws of thermodynamics, allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine. Meyer's claims about the Water Fuel Cell and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[1]

Real Fuel Cells

A fuel cell is an electrochemical conversion device. It produces electricity from fuel (on the anode side) and an oxidant (on the cathode side), which react in the presence of an electrolyte. The reactants flow into the cell, and the reaction products flow out of it, while the electrolyte remains within it. Fuel cells can operate virtually continuously as long as the necessary flows are maintained.

Fuel cells are different from batteries in that they consume reactant, which must be replenished, whereas batteries store electrical energy chemically in a closed system. Additionally, while the electrodes within a battery react and change as a battery is charged or discharged, a fuel cell's electrodes are catalytic and relatively stable.

Many combinations of fuel and oxidant are possible. A hydrogen cell uses hydrogen as fuel and oxygen as oxidant. Other fuels include hydrocarbons and alcohols. Other oxidants include air, chlorine and chlorine dioxide.[1]

Guest BlueFireIce

Well, I have experience with these kind of things and wow...With the prices of gas you see more and more around. Search online and you will find 30 website selling something about running a car on water.

I watched the videos and I just LOVE how he keeps saying "water based". They never have any clue of how their own tech works, and if they claim to then they will not tell anyone.

First, water will not burn, it can't, simple chemistry. However, you break water apart into hydrogen and oxygen and it will burn, however it is no longer water. And takes a rather large amount of energy to do so. However the first video is not claiming that. I also like how they bring in the "experts" AFTER the fact to watch on video or to only see the bike taken apart. They don't let them go through the whole process with them, and that to me is iffy right off the bat, and both of them said they didn't believe it and would not unless they got to see it....So why not let them see it?

As far as HHO goes it nothing big...At all, been around forever and is used on job sites around the world for welding and cutting torches. However you have a loss, as jeremy said, this is a conversion process, you are taking a fuel and burning it in a IC engine, which at BEST is going to be 30% efficient (thermodynamic limit of 37%), and then you are taking that mechanical force you just made and converting it into electrical energy via belts, pulleys and an alternator which has even more losses! And then you are taking this turning around and converting it BACK into a burnable fuel though a process that is at best 50% efficient (electrolysis) and then burning it back in a IC engine that is only 30% efficient!

As you can see for this to work EVERYTHING in the system would have to be 100% efficient for this to work, NOT just the electrolysis process, if its not then you will be losing power out of the system rather than gaining.

If you are looking for something other than gas, look to hydrogen IC engines and fuel cells, its the only real tech out there.