Obligatory 'why Did I Wait So Long' Post Bls Lowering Blocks

Maddog Hoek

• Member Contributer

Had em' on my 06....even at 5' 7", they were very comfy............. :rolleyes:

:idea3:

second best mod for the VFR

factory bags are #1

Wrong! #1 is a step stool so all you dwarfs can climb onto something taller than a skateboard.:rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
+1.gif

second best mod for the VFR

factory bags are #1

Wrong! #1 is a step stool so all you dwarfs can climb onto something taller than a skateboard.:rolleyes:

Your Avatar bike looks to be about the "right" size............... :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Quick Review... I'm 6' 3", 280lbs. I went out for about 40miles with them and can tell the difference. Definitely more roomy, I don't think that the newness will wear off with this. I use to have a GSXR 750 so a stock VFR was a godsend. Now combined with the Sargeant, Bar Risers, and the lowering blocks I can see making it the 883miles to our company's training facility in Norman, Oklahoma. (2 day trip of course...) The fit and finish were superb. It took a second to figure out what side was what. I did have to adjust the brake light and pedal but the whole deal took about twenty minutes. I don't think that ground clearance will be a problem especially on the commute to work. Seriously, this mod is highly recommended and I think you should support one of our members.

• Member Contributer
Quick Review... I'm 6' 3", 280lbs. I went out for about 40miles with them and can tell the difference. Definitely more roomy, I don't think that the newness will wear off with this. I use to have a GSXR 750 so a stock VFR was a godsend. Now combined with the Sargeant, Bar Risers, and the lowering blocks I can see making it the 883miles to our company's training facility in Norman, Oklahoma. (2 day trip of course...) The fit and finish were superb. It took a second to figure out what side was what. I did have to adjust the brake light and pedal but the whole deal took about twenty minutes. I don't think that ground clearance will be a problem especially on the commute to work. Seriously, this mod is highly recommended and I think you should support one of our members.

6'1, 230 :rolleyes:

VINCE

Guest MrWilson
If you haven't got em, get em'!! that is all :unsure:

This post is worthless without a picture. What are you talking about? :laugh:

Those look great! I'm thinking of ordering a set, even though I don't yet have a VFR. Seriously. This way I'm "committed" to getting one.

I have a problem, don't I? ("yeah, man, you haven't gone to the Honda store to procure your moto")

Guest vfjayr

Ha ha, I did the same thing - I first mounted them upside down which moved the pegs backword and had to switch them around. :unsure:

On my 6th gen I am just at the far limit of the brake pedal travel.

They make a huuuuuge difference if you are on the slab for a couple of hundred miles or so. Ground clearence will go down, but is really not an issue if you take off the hero blobs, and dont get lazy with your feet in sharper turns.

Highly recommended if you are on the fence. They are well made and make a big difference.

-Jay

Edited by vfjayr

I love mine, mucho better than the Buell conversion I had on there.

However; I know BLS is sold out and when I was at his place a few months ago Larry did not sound like he was going to make another run of them.

• Member Contributer

I mean no offense to anyone, nor any about the lowering blocks (I love them)... but from personal experience about joint pain. When I got my bike I was about 215 lbs (6')... since then (couple years) I've dropped to about 175. One of the things that was helped was joint pain. At my "high" I was about 240 (certainly young enough that the weight was the contributing factor), taking lots of glucosamine-chondroitin and still had problems. After I dropped the weight, things started to go better, joint pain disappeared, more energy, etc. I'm not a "large" build, I jog but rarely lift weights. What I'm trying to say is that being overweight causes symptoms that people can try to remedy, rather than actually fixing the cause.

Comfort however is greatly improved by the space addition these blocks provide! They are the ToroCharger for your knees.

• Member Contributer

I'm working on it.... I was 295. Given my build it's not that easy. I'm still physically fit, just big. Most folks guess my weight at around 235 (which is still heavy:-)) I am losing it more for the kids than the bike though, at 9, 6, and 3 they can run ya ragged.

There are plenty of pictures here if you search, I didn't want to take up more space than necessary. I will post a link the next time I farkle something. Stay safe!

Guest frozentundra

:goofy: :idea3:

I've got them on mine, and they are the best. It's amazing what one inch will do, but they definitely make the ride more comfortable. (I'm 6'4", and I have joint pain too. I guess that's another way of saying I'm girthy. )

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

I picked up a set of Larry's blocks a few months ago and just had no time to put them on. This last weekend i put everything else on hold and made the swtich - along with swapping over to Heli Bars. What an improvement! And Larry's work is an art form. These things are beautifully machined and finished. Fantastic!

• Member Contributer

In response to Seb's POCoughHoing...

I've recently installed some and, of course, love'em.

My only area of concern is that the side stand will prolly be the second point to touch down after the left feeler. And once it does, it will lever the rear tire off the road.

Just a word of caution. If you want to scrape some $hit, take BLS stuff off. They are meant to ease the pain of 'slabbin.

They were the first thing I bought after I got my VFR. I was surprised at how comfortable I was without them given that my old Bandit and Connie made my knees hurt. But, with the lowering blocks I can ride all day without a hint of knee pain.

• 4 weeks later...