Vfr 916

V4 Rosso

• Member Contributer

WOW, great job. :goofy: Blending the upper into the VFR mids looks very nice. Besides the possible heat issue all ready mentioned, the only downer I can see is the need for very low clip ons to clear the upper. I, too, considered a 916 as the basis of my hybrid VFR but found used parts prices prohibitive here in the US.

Wow! the Ducati bodywork goes very well with the VFR's mid section details!

IMO, it might have actually improved(?) on Pierre Treblanche's original design, which I found a little too plain around the mid faring area. All he needed to add there was the Cheese Grater and Naca Duct! He was soooo close! I wish I had enough time and money to do something exactly like this to my 4th gen.

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer
All he needed to add there was the Cheese Grater and Naca Duct! He was soooo close!

:dry:

Very nicely done. I agree that a nice big NACA duct would break up the slab-sidedness of the 916, too. They only had a NAC-letâ„¢ near the belly pan.

I wish I had enough time and money to do something exactly like this to my 4th gen.

You're not that old, are you? :blush:

• Member Contributer

Nice clump of bondo, or tape. I can't tell.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its sweet! I have many times wounder how much work to put a 916 rear end on my RC24...

IMO, it might have actually improved(?) on Pierre Treblanche's original design, which I found a little too plain around the mid faring area.

You mean it might have improved on Mitsuyoshi Kohama's design of the NR, subsequently copied by Pierre Treblanche 5 years later? :fing02:

You might think after going to all that trouble he might get the front mudguard (fender) to fit straight.... huh.gif

Nah, the crooked front guard is one of the 4th Gen's most recognizable design features!

FYI A Canadian made a NR 750 replica made from a Gen 4 a few years ago and was very nice and hard to tell it was a Gen 4. I haven't seen it in person or the pics with the details on the net for couple years now about it so a it may be sitting in some barn waiting to be found.

Edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo

• Member Contributer

IMO, it might have actually improved(?) on Pierre Treblanche's original design, which I found a little too plain around the mid faring area.

You mean it might have improved on Mitsuyoshi Kohama's design of the NR, subsequently copied by Pierre Treblanche 5 years later? :fing02:

You might think after going to all that trouble he might get the front mudguard (fender) to fit straight.... huh.gif

Nah, the crooked front guard is one of the 4th Gen's most recognizable design features!

Massimo Tamburini designed the 916. Terblanche was responsible for the 999.

But just my opinion, I believe the 916 to be the most beautiful bike. This hybrid is interesting, but can't touch the original 916.

• Member Contributer

Massimo Tamburini designed the 916. Terblanche was responsible for the 999.

But just my opinion, I believe the 916 to be the most beautiful bike. This hybrid is interesting, but can't touch the original 916.

Absolutely right in all respects. Terblanche designed some nice 'retro' bikes but his contemporary designs appealed to very few.

I chuckle that the NACA ducts live on in this bike; they are the aspect that has been the subject of most criticsm of the 4th gen.

• Member Contributer
I think it looks better then the Ducockie. We all know it sounds better too.
Really? I guess when you add the dry clutch racket then I agree. Aaayyyyeeee! :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Nice clump of bondo, or tape. I can't tell.
Yeah the upper fairing surrounding the tank, connecting to the side panels appears taped over.