Want To Clarify

Guest Stegen

Some of what I saw in the original topic came dangerously close to 'mob mentality'. Not something I'd expect to see here.

In it, Stegen basically said that he was venting, by saying that if he wasn't selling the bike etc. that it wouldn't be a big deal at all. People choose - whether consciously or subconciously - to overlook the subtle stuff sometimes...

But, some good in everything, it's made me consider how I handle discipline and boundaries with my 4yo girl. I read some great insights and wisdom in both topics.

Good luck with the sale, Stegen.

That thread was totally sarcastic. I love my kids with all my heart and am SUPER glad he wasnt hurt. Thats the first thing i did when i heard it hit the ground, went and checked on him. I would NEVER give my kids up, are you kidding me?! I was pissed at the time but realized that it was mostly my fault cuz the bike was parked at a less-than-ideal-position. The bike can be fixed and im just glad my little man is safe and sound. The bike is replaceable, he isnt.

Just wanted to Clarify that i was totally kidding and would never get rid of him. I figured that people would have taken it as a joke, some of ya did, thats all it was, a vent of frustration and total sarcasim. :laugh:

I got it...not sure why some others didn't :laugh:

There is a lesson in there for everyone I'm sure, you, your son and who ever else wants to pay attention. Some damage to the bike is obviously the least of your worries when it happens and we are all thankful that's all there was....my bet is your son gives the bike a wide berth now.

That thread was totally sarcastic. I love my kids with all my heart and am SUPER glad he wasnt hurt. Thats the first thing i did when i heard it hit the ground, went and checked on him. I would NEVER give my kids up, are you kidding me?! I was pissed at the time but realized that it was mostly my fault cuz the bike was parked at a less-than-ideal-position. The bike can be fixed and im just glad my little man is safe and sound. The bike is replaceable, he isnt.

Just wanted to Clarify that i was totally kidding and would never get rid of him. I figured that people would have taken it as a joke, some of ya did, thats all it was, a vent of frustration and total sarcasim. :laugh:

Whew, it's wasn't just the desert heat.... :laugh:

I totally got "tongue in cheek" from the post and was surprised as a few others here apparently were, by the vitriol tossed out by others.

You're kids fine, bike....not so much. Lesson learned on posting.....priceless. As the commercial goes....... :laugh:

• Member Contributer

I just finally read the original post...people sure are quick to get on their high horses - funny (not funny "ha ha") how we immediately assume the worst (i.e. he's serious vs. he's kidding) about people.

"...like raising Helen Keller..."

TFF! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

This thing is gonna' grow into the "original" soon......................... :laugh:

Holy over-reaction Batman! Everyone jumps all over the guy thinking he was serious? He was pissed that it happened, nothing more nothing less.

I have a 14 year old and have learned over the years that parents in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'm thinking a lot of you might need to take that advice as well.

• Member Contributer
This thing is gonna' grow into the "original" soon......................... :laugh:

Good point - lock it Slammer! Wait...just gotta throw one more stone from my glass house....

Hurricane's An Idiot!!

OK - close it now!

• Member Contributer

Rant engaged….

The thing is, yes some were looking out for the welfare of a child but people in this country need to mind their own business a lot more often. If he was serious about it and I'm glad that he wasn't. It's the systems responsibility, flawed as it may be to deal with it. Just because someone has a different set of sensibilities than you does not make them wrong.

I'm sorry but children don't need to be spared the rod. I received more than my fair share of whippings when I grew up and I am a fine upstanding and productive citizen today...partly because of those whippings.

Children are out of control today because of a lack of boundaries and penalties imposed upon them by parents that are too soft and liberal as well as a system that punishes the wrong people all too often.

Rant disengaged….

I saw the title and thought 'This guy is a big time jerk to say a thing like that' and skipped it. I don't care that it may have been sarcasm. You just don't say or write a thing like that in the same way you don't point a gun at someone.

Agreed. But I am glad he clarified.

Its sad that you had to defend yourself for what anyone with common sense would have seen as sarcasim.....It just shows how politically correct this country has become...Im suprised a few of the posters didnt report you to Social Services.....Seems like people just want to fix others lives (other than starting with there own) that they will lose all sensability....sad.......... :pissed: ...........................That was venting without sarcasm!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with political correctness dude. It has to do with the welfare of a child. If you consider that political correctness...then you might start by taking some of your own advice. I NEVER take that lightly!

...uh.....yeah....your right sorry... :fing02:

Archived