Want To Clarify

Guest Stegen

Guest Stegen

That thread was totally sarcastic. I love my kids with all my heart and am SUPER glad he wasnt hurt. Thats the first thing i did when i heard it hit the ground, went and checked on him. I would NEVER give my kids up, are you kidding me?! I was pissed at the time but realized that it was mostly my fault cuz the bike was parked at a less-than-ideal-position. The bike can be fixed and im just glad my little man is safe and sound. The bike is replaceable, he isnt.

Just wanted to Clarify that i was totally kidding and would never get rid of him. I figured that people would have taken it as a joke, some of ya did, thats all it was, a vent of frustration and total sarcasim. :rolleyes:

That thread was totally sarcastic. I love my kids with all my heart and am SUPER glad he wasnt hurt. Thats the first thing i did when i heard it hit the ground, went and checked on him. I would NEVER give my kids up, are you kidding me?! I was pissed at the time but realized that it was mostly my fault cuz the bike was parked at a less-than-ideal-position. The bike can be fixed and im just glad my little man is safe and sound. The bike is replaceable, he isnt.

Just wanted to Clarify that i was totally kidding and would never get rid of him. I figured that people would have taken it as a joke, some of ya did, thats all it was, a vent of frustration and total sarcasim. :rolleyes:

I've had 2 kids and they never tried to climb on my bikes or touch, cause they'd die if they knocked mine over and they know it >G<

• Member Contributer

Thanks for clarifying. Glad to hear it! When I read your original post I thought what an as*hole this guy is! It's hard to read something that someone else wrote and get their tone or sarcasm. As a father of two, when I hear someone talking about kids in that way it sets me off. Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Stegen,

I can't speak for everyone, but I think if your son was perhaps 10 or older the sarcasm would've benn received with a much warmer reception. I think most would agree, and probably is best evidenced by all of the posts, that it's very different for a three/four year-old at least in a typed format that is. I'm glad to hear your son is okay.

:rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Reminds me of the other week. I just fell asleep when my wife came in and reminded me that I left the bike outside. Tired I told her not to worry about it, and I went back to sleep. A few minutes later I was awakend by my wife crying saying she dropped my bike. First thing I asked is was she alright, she said she was, so told her to calrm down it would be alright. The damage was minmal a couple of scraches and a broken mirror. I picked it up and put in the garage. I reassured her that it was ok. I asked why she cried, she said she thought I would be upset at her. I told her its just a bike it can be fixed. I gotta love her for carring enough to try and put in the garage.

Thank goodness! Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad your son is OK, and im sorry to hear about the bike! It's always gonna fall before you sell it. Ever notice you total your car or get it stolen 2 weeks after you do the timing belt? Sucks. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for clarifying. Glad to hear it! When I read your original post I thought what an as*hole this guy is! It's hard to read something that someone else wrote and get their tone or sarcasm. As a father of two, when I hear someone talking about kids in that way it sets me off. Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. :biggrin:

+1. I couldn't imagine another person actually feeling the way the original post described. I've been ticked at my kids before but their welfare and safety is foremost in my mind at all times. (Which is why I'm a little wary of my 8-year old taking up skateboarding, but that's another story.)

Glad to hear your son was OK. The bike is repairable and it's only money, really.

After i read all the posts i was shocked because of how bad everyone thought it was. I then re-read my first post and tried to think of a person thinking it was legit and i then saw how bad it sounded. sorry that i freaked all of you out, it wasnt meant that way.

Just wanted to Clarify that i was totally kidding and would never get rid of him. I figured that people would have taken it as a joke, some of ya did, thats all it was, a vent of frustration and total sarcasim. :biggrin:

I've had 2 kids and they never tried to climb on my bikes or touch, cause they'd die if they knocked mine over and they know it >G<

watch it spud, you might get crusified saying things like that.... :rolleyes:

gotta watch dem feewings

• Member Contributer

Now you know why Lions eat their young. :rolleyes: What? :biggrin: What'd I say? :fing02: Next time you want to vent by a twelver of coor light and call a buddy.

• Member Contributer
I'm probably older than most , once they get to my age they'll want them kids gone >G< so you can run around Nakid

Heh, Heh, Heh....................I have no idea...................... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Aaaaaaaah! Now it all makes more sense. Glad to hear that you're normal and were only venting about the whole event. :goofy: It happens, we all get impatient sometimes with kids. I do too (and no, I'm not proud of it). :unsure: And, like you said, well, a bike fairing is only made of plastic and it is quite repairable. Good luck with the repair and the sale. And please come back to this site with ther posts (parts?), people are very helpful.

P.P-M

My kids never got the chance to knock over my bikes because I killed them all for lesser offenses like changing the TV channel when I dosed off. I'm keeding...I'm keeding. :goofy: :unsure: :unsure: :fing02: :beer: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
I guess I was one of the few who knew you weren't ACTUALLY being serious but just angry about the incident :goofy:

+1 Me too but the thread was locked down before I got a chance to post in it. Some folks went WAAYY over the top with their replies. That shocked me that people resorted to name calling before they even had a chance to hear any rebuttal. :unsure: Just one more reminder to folks not to read into things when reading the printed word. The way YOU read it may not be remotely close to the way it was intended.

Glad your kid is OK and your bike mostly OK!! :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Thread was locked by the time I got there............"interesting" reading though................. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I saw the title and thought 'This guy is a big time jerk to say a thing like that' and skipped it. I don't care that it may have been sarcasm. You just don't say or write a thing like that in the same way you don't point a gun at someone.

Its sad that you had to defend yourself for what anyone with common sense would have seen as sarcasim.....It just shows how politically correct this country has become...Im suprised a few of the posters didnt report you to Social Services.....Seems like people just want to fix others lives (other than starting with there own) that they will lose all sensability....sad.......... :laugh: ...........................That was venting without sarcasm!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer
I saw the title and thought 'This guy is a big time jerk to say a thing like that' and skipped it. I don't care that it may have been sarcasm. You just don't say or write a thing like that in the same way you don't point a gun at someone.

Agreed. But I am glad he clarified.

Its sad that you had to defend yourself for what anyone with common sense would have seen as sarcasim.....It just shows how politically correct this country has become...Im suprised a few of the posters didnt report you to Social Services.....Seems like people just want to fix others lives (other than starting with there own) that they will lose all sensability....sad.......... :laugh: ...........................That was venting without sarcasm!!!!!!!

It has nothing to do with political correctness dude. It has to do with the welfare of a child. If you consider that political correctness...then you might start by taking some of your own advice. I NEVER take that lightly!

Archived