Im Gonna Kill My Son

Guest Stegen

Guest Stegen

I've told my almost-4-year-old to stay off my bike. hell, just yesterday i told him 6 times, its like raising Hellen Keller. The inevitable happend, he knocked it over. I was JUST about to sell it too! Cracked the front nose, scraped the shit out of the right fairing, bent the front right brake lever and small knicks in the rear passanger peg.

Wouldnt have been so bad provided it didnt land on the curb. Wouldnt have been a big deal if i wasnt trying to sell it cuz i could just live with the damage but damn, perfect timing :fing02: If he would have done it to my MV I would have given him up for adoption!

Freaking kids

Sounds like bad parenting to me. How the heck does a 4 year old knock a 500lb bike over anyway??

I know that people need to vent, but there is just so much wrong with what you just said.

• Member Contributer

Personally, I can't stand children. But kids love motorcycles, not much you can do to curb their interest and curiosity, besides maybe getting them their own. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

My boy is the same way. He crawls all over the bike every chance he gets. I understand him, coz I was the same way when I was young. Wait a minute... I am still the same way :fing02:

To the point though, he never even came close to knocking it down.

I can see at least two scenarios here:

1 - You parked the bike in the wrong (uneven) spot. He was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

2 - He knows that you are planning to sell it and is sabotaging the sale, coz he's planning to inherit it some day :beer: Smart Boy :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Wow! I don't really know what to say to that post. First thing that comes to mind is .....He's 3 years old!!!!! Unfortunately, we can't pick our parents. Seems like this little boy got a bum deal.

• Member Contributer
I've told my almost-4-year-old to stay off my bike. hell, just yesterday i told him 6 times, its like raising Hellen Keller. The inevitable happend, he knocked it over. I was JUST about to sell it too! Cracked the front nose, scraped the shit out of the right fairing, bent the front right brake lever and small knicks in the rear passanger peg.

Wouldnt have been so bad provided it didnt land on the curb. Wouldnt have been a big deal if i wasnt trying to sell it cuz i could just live with the damage but damn, perfect timing :fing02: If he would have done it to my MV I would have given him up for adoption!

Freaking kids

I will give you $.50 for him.

Hey, the bike could have landed on him and killed him for you... :angry: I hope your first thoughts were about him NOT being under the bike... rather that the bikes condition.

My 18 month old says motorcycle, and runs up to mine... I never let him out of my sight when he's around it... 500lbs vs 30 is no joke.

Personally, I can't stand children. But kids love motorcycles, not much you can do to curb their interest and curiosity, besides maybe getting them their own. :angry:

+1 :fing02:

If you got kids you know you should have child proofed it or the room it is kept in..

I thought when you had kids selling the bike was mnadatory.. Hey dont blame him he is only 3. Wait till he i sold enough to cut the grass then remind him he needs to work off the damages by mowing the yard..

I will give you $.50 for him.

How much for the girl? :goofy:

Gotta keep those kids away from the valuables.

Friend of mine had kids take ball peen hammer to his gas tank. Nice sound. :pissed:

I'd be Homer to his Bart Simpson. Why You Little! :angry:

Gotta keep all kids away from the valuables. :angry:

Don't kill the boy. Just make him work off the debt. Hopefully he's done well before 18. :fing02:

instead of thinking of punishing your 4yo son, give yourself a smack in the head for allowing it to happen and be glad you're not posting something like "my 4y.o. knocked the bike over onto himself and was badly injured/killed".

Who is smarter and should be more responsible, a 4yo or you?

• Member Contributer
instead of thinking of punishing your 4yo son, give yourself a smack in the head for allowing it to happen and be glad you're not posting something like "my 4y.o. knocked the bike over onto himself and was badly injured/killed".

Who is smarter and should be more responsible, a 4yo or you?

and if you don't feel like smacking yourself.....I'll volunteer to do it for you.

at first glance i thought he was 16 or so and took without permission then threw it down the road...lol

oh well at least your lil fella is OK..stuff the VFR in this case

I'm with Seb on this one. It's more like "freaking parents". You need a course in anger management - kids will do as they see their parents do. Besides, it's just a freaking motorcycle - your son however is priceless. Of course you may not think so, which could explain your post.

• Member Contributer

This reminds me of a story my dad told me about me when I was very young (too young to remember it). I had a fascination with the furnace, probably because of the sound it made. I was always trying to get into the closet where it was no matter how much he got onto me about it. Then one day he decided to teach me a lesson. He took my hand and put it near the flame where I could feel the heat and he said "Hot!". I naturally pulled my hand back and never wanted to mess with the furnace again. Whenever I'd be getting into something I shouldn't be, he'd just say "Hot!" and I'd take off in the other direction. smile.gif

Don't be too hard on the little guy. It probably scared the crap out of him when it fell. Use it to teach him. And as others have said, just be thankful it didn't fall on him and injure or kill him. I know you're pissed but think about that outcome versus some scratched plastic.

Not long after I brought home my Shadow, my 4 year old girl came running up as I was getting off the bike. Her little knees made contact with the hot muffler and I damn near volunteered to lose the bike right then and there.

I cannot imagine placing more value on my bike than my child.

Also IMO there is no way a three year old is going to knock over a 500 lb bike without it being on the edge of disaster anyway.

Bad parent!!!!

• Member Contributer

So I should freaked when I saw this out my office window? I should have shouted, "HEY GRANDMA! GET OUT OF HERE AND TAKE THAT LITTLE BASTARD WITH YOU!"

gallery_6707_3017_11183.jpg

WANT! I looked out my office window just in time to catch this young boy pulling his grandma in for a closer look.

• Member Contributer

Ouch! This is quickly turning into a closes thread for sure. I'm sorry for you bike but seriously...if your kid got hurt would you still feel the same way? Put that rugger on a leash? :angry:

Wow....maybe I'm really out there or the desert heat has gotton to me, but I totally took this poster's comments to be totally:

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humour in which a statement, or an entire fictional work, is not meant to be taken seriously, but its lack of seriousness is subtle. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "Ironic, slyly humorous; not meant to be taken seriously".

PC police are out tonight! Time to go indoors..... :angry:

• Member Contributer

I feel your pain... I would be very upset too. I think though what the members here are trying to say is that mabee a little more tact was called for in you r post.... It was pretty offensive.... To me anyways.... and im not even goin to touch the hellen keller reference.... that was just wrong on so many levels... But yeah kids are tough ..no question. And im not about to tell you or anyone else how to raise your kid.. Im sure your a great parent who just lost their cool.. it happens... And im sure he'll never do it again. Probably scared the hell out of him. Just be thankfull he's ok and the bike can be repaired. Hopefully you are not offended.

• Member Contributer
WANT! I looked out my office window just in time to catch this young boy pulling his grandma in for a closer look.

That's awesome if that's what he's doing. Father of three, first was boy, and the first thing he climbed was my bike. smile.gif I was always around and he knew that if Dad isn't around not to go near it from an early age. That said, as soon as he could run I got him a pocket bike and it was throttle limited to 5mph and I fabbed up some training wheels. He's know six and up to about 25 taking turns in a parking lot like a madman. I've got one of those little things for myself and it's good father son times. My youngest is now three and starting to ride my bike which I've limited and put the training wheels on that one. Talk about being a proud pop seeing your two boys pretending to race each on pocketbikes. I've got video I should post. Moral of the story is dude, enjoy your kids and if they have the same interests as you embrace it as the two of you could build a relationship that only a father and son have. Cool down and re-read your post I think you'll find you sounded pretty selfish when with kids you must be selfless.

As the father of two very curious boys ages 3 & 4 I understand the unrelenting amount of constant attention that they require. Now I've never read any of those fancy parenting books but my boys even at their young ages, know what is right and wrong when it comes to touching my bike or my wife's bike. They know not to touch it because it may be hot not to mention it has other parts which will get them quite dirty. I'm all for sharing the motorcycling experience with my children, I allow them to sit on the bike, twist the throttle, flash the lights, honk the horn all the things that would be fun for young trouble makers. With that said I am never more than an arms reach away from them, and 90% of the time I use that wonderful invention most of our bikes were blessed with...the centre stand. This all but gaurantees that even accidently bumped into by just about anyone my bike will remain upright. My wife and I like the feature of the bikes being centre standed so much that we installed rear swing arm spindles to allow her bike to be stood upright as well. This public service announcement has been brought to you by the fine people with common sense.

• Member Contributer

Wouldnt have been so bad provided it didnt land on the curb. Wouldnt have been a big deal if i wasnt trying to sell it cuz i could just live with the damage but damn, perfect timing :angry: If he would have done it to my MV I would have given him up for adoption!

Freaking kids

Ok guys, let's back up a bit here. I realize that the tone of his message was bad. However, this person must have been venting/joking and certainly didn't mean all the words he wrote down, because any individual with a sound mind couldn't possibly write that and mean it, right? And I'm sure he regrets writing them down already, like most people would. I too wonder how such a heavy bike can be tipped over by a small boy, but I'm not sure that this is the real point. His bike is damaged, and he is relatively angry because he was going to sell it. And his boy, that he loves dearly, was not hurt (thank god), so no big deal that plastic got cracked and all. At least, that's what I'm reading here. Wanting to read. Wishing to read...

P.P-M

Hey, the bike could have landed on him and killed him for you... :angry: I hope your first thoughts were about him NOT being under the bike... rather that the bikes condition.

My 18 month old says motorcycle, and runs up to mine... I never let him out of my sight when he's around it... 500lbs vs 30 is no joke.

:fing02: You should be happy that he is not dead or seriously injured. I am sure you are, but you just didn't mention it. Also, how does a little tyke knock over a big ole bike?

I have three. 2,4 and 5. When the middle boy was 3 I lost track of him and he tipped over my MotoGuzzi. I didnt know it, but he was between the saddlebags and the jug and was perfectly fine.

My first thought was "I am the worst father in the world, my stationary motorbike just killed my son". I ran over and threw it on it's other side.

I'm not one for interpreting the post or telling others about thier own children.

I just love my boys.

Archived