1996 Vfr750f (rc36)

Guest manjoi70

Guest manjoi70

Dear Bros,

Good day all, i'm a newcomer just came to know about this website when browsing the net. Cool site. :blink:

Just got me a secondhand 96 VFR750F. Need some advise on the exhaust system, currently running on stock system. Thinking of replacing it with a slip on. Any advise on what brand and model suit this bike. It's quite tough to get parts here in Malaysia or Singapore since this bike is consider an antique!! :biggrin:

Someone told me that any Yoshi would do the job?? :cool:

Appreciate all opinion... :fing02:

Thanks Bro.

Welcome to VFRD. There are a few VFR owners in SE Asia - expat Aussies and locals, mainly. All have a bit of trouble getting parts...

A Staintune (made in Australia) might be your best bet - simple, tough and easy to fit. You won't gain a lot of power but it will boost the midrange torque, especially if you play with the jetting a bit - but you don't necessarily have to re-jet.

Your bike (known as a 4th Generation VFR) has a flange-type exhaust joint - so a normal 'slip-on' won't work. It will have to be an exhaust that is specific to your model.

Welcome to VFRD. There are a few VFR owners in SE Asia - expat Aussies and locals, mainly. All have a bit of trouble getting parts...

A Staintune (made in Australia) might be your best bet - simple, tough and easy to fit. You won't gain a lot of power but it will boost the midrange torque, especially if you play with the jetting a bit - but you don't necessarily have to re-jet.

Your bike (known as a 4th Generation VFR) has a flange-type exhaust joint - so a normal 'slip-on' won't work. It will have to be an exhaust that is specific to your model.

Dear Phantom,

Thanks for the reply.

Too bad cant get the said cans here in Malaysia!! :biggrin:

The only brand that i could get hold of is Yoshi/M4/Micron/TwoBrothers/Ackra.

Lets say if i just change the cans, do i need to make any adjustment on the engine setting? I'm too new in the bike world need guiedance and advise from experts like you.

Will the modification effect the performance of my engine as currently all are stock!! Would not want to stress the engine and would want to keep it as stock as possible.

Thousand thanks bro.

• Member Contributer

From a past 4th gen viffer owner...Micron carbon high mount is the way to go. :biggrin:

Great sound! Music even!

My 2nd choice would be a Two Bros. high mount.

Just my 2 pennies

From a past 4th gen viffer owner...Micron carbon high mount is the way to go. :fing02:

Great sound! Music even!

My 2nd choice would be a Two Bros. high mount.

Just my 2 pennies

Thanks veefer02 :cool: :biggrin:

Dear Phantom,

Thanks for the reply.

Too bad cant get the said cans here in Malaysia!! :biggrin:

The only brand that i could get hold of is Yoshi/M4/Micron/TwoBrothers/Ackra.

Lets say if i just change the cans, do i need to make any adjustment on the engine setting? I'm too new in the bike world need guiedance and advise from experts like you.

Will the modification effect the performance of my engine as currently all are stock!! Would not want to stress the engine and would want to keep it as stock as possible.

Thousand thanks bro.

Can't you get a Staintune the internet?? Thing is, they might not make the system for 4th gens anymore. I think they already stopped production on the 3rd gen VFR a couple of years ago, so the 4th gen might be right behind it. It might also be the same situation at Micron. Like you said, our bikes are getting old and pretty soon we might not have any choice but to find second hand items for it from places like eBay.

BTW, here's how a Staintune high right system looks like on the 4th gen VFR:

gallery_285_20_54621.jpg

VFR with ZG DB Right side Right Side view

gallery_285_20_27611.jpg

MVC-003F.JPG

It's a very high quality product from Staintune, with a finish that many considers perfect, plus you do not ever have to re-pack this can like carbon or aluminum systems. and it is much lighter (close to half the weight) of the original Honda muffler. My Staintune has been on my bike since something like 1998 (can't quite remember, it's so long ago), when they first came out, and it still looks and works like brand new, no corrosion or solar/heat degradation that carbon and aluminum cans might eventully get after some years of use. You can also remove a small silencer "spud" on the end if you wish to have a louder sounding system. It's for these features that the Staintune muffler has pretty much become what most 3rd, 4th and 5th gen owners typically choose Staintunes for their bikes. The brand has also gotten great reviews from newer 6th gen owners.

Saying all this, I would still recommend that you try and get a Staintune for your 4th gen if possible, specially if you plan to keep it for a long time. These older VFRs are starting to gain classic status as the years go on and Hondas, including the VFR continue to evolve into bikes different from these older generations, so it would be worth getting the best for it when possible.

Good luck, hope you do find a muffler for your 4th gen!

Beck

95 VFR

Archived