Holeshot Slip-on Exhaust Opinion.......

interceptorrider

Hey all! I just bought and installed a Dale Walker Holeshot slip on for my 2000 VFR (yellow) in satin black. Here is my experience and some thoughts.....

- Dale is good to speak with and proud of his product. It was delivered 3 day UPS as we spoke of in a strong box with excellent packing. I paid $302 delivered for a satin black can. He included the Holeshot tag and rivets so I could decide if I wanted it on myself later as he and I had discussed. He was very helpful and, as I found out, truthful regarding the sound of his exhaust.

- It is very high quality (equal to OEM) and goes on well. The mid pipe goes on a bit tight, but it is very firm on there. I ran the bike a couple of times to warm it and tap into place a bit further. The rest of the install is simple. You must save the rubber bumper off your old exhaust and fit it onto the new mid pipe for your centerstand. The whole install took about an hour, but I work slow, was interupted by kids and ran it those 2 times.

- It cuts 6.2 pounds off the bikes right side and moves the remaining weight closer to center. Stock 11.8 pounds vs. Holeshot 5.6 pounds. The bike has less tendency to lean right when hands free now. This was one of my objectives.

- It is not loud. Holeshot and stock have nearly the same sound at idle (almost no difference according to my wife). It wakes up nicely as the revs climb but not alarmingly or offensively so. The sound at all rpm's is basically a fuller, richer version of the stock exhaust (exactly what I was looking for). It will be easy to idle out of the neighborhood undetected at 5AM as I leave for work (very neighborhood friendly). However, when I hit it harder, it has a nice rap to it without hurting my ears. It's better than I hoped for actually.

- I am very satisfied with my purchase and it met all my needs of reasonable price, richer but subtle exhaust note, and reduction in off center mass for more neutral handling (every side exhaust bike I've owned had this tendency to start leaning right when completely neutral or no hands on bars).

- I believe he has 6 or 7 mid-pipes left and then they are all gone as he will make no more. www.holeshot.com

- :fing02:

Just a quick opinion on an overlooked product. Ride safe.

Mark

Never Give Up!

Hey all! I just bought and installed a Dale Walker Holeshot slip on for my 2000 VFR (yellow) in satin black. Here is my experience and some thoughts.....

Just a quick opinion on an overlooked product. Ride safe.

Mark

Never Give Up!

You DARE post all that great info and DON'T post a PICTURE?????? :fing02:

That's like getting to the climax (okay, okay, 'punchline' :wheel: ) and taking your hand off the uh, er, um.... THROTTLE, YA, DAT'S IT! :fing02: :laugh:

You cut me deep, man............. sad.gif :fing02:

I'm so ashamed. Please accept my sincerest apologies for failing you so completely. I did, indeed, take some pictures yesterday and have them on my computer as we speak, uh, type. However, I do not know how to post them (and have only a passing concern for same :schla15: ). If you would kindly PM me, I will forward them to you and you may post them in my stead. Thank you so much gentlemen. Ride safe.

Never Give Up!

OK, fine. I took the 30 seconds required to learn how to post an image in my album. Check them out. I put another 60 miles on the pipe tonight and I am really happy with it. Quiet down low and a nice, rich bark when hard on the gas. I also had a chance to really enjoy my gearing change over the winter (up 2 in the back, plus new front sprocket and chain, K&N, spark plugs, brake pads, and ZG Double Bubble). It's really doing well. I've only had it about 600+ miles. The previous owner used it as a daily rider and it needed some cleaning, but I found out he took care of his maintenance though. It's a nice bike and that little bit of maintenance and cleaning did wonders for it. Typical Honda......completely competent and reliable. I currently own 4 Honda's (VFR, CRF100F for my wife, CRF50F for kids, and Oddysey mini-van for them all). This will make a great ride back and forth to work this summer. Ride safe all.

Never Give Up!

OK, fine. I took the 30 seconds required to learn how to post an image in my album. Check them out. I put another 60 miles on the pipe tonight and I am really happy with it. Quiet down low and a nice, rich bark when hard on the gas. I also had a chance to really enjoy my gearing change over the winter (up 2 in the back, plus new front sprocket and chain, K&N, spark plugs, brake pads, and ZG Double Bubble). It's really doing well. I've only had it about 600+ miles. The previous owner used it as a daily rider and it needed some cleaning, but I found out he took care of his maintenance though. It's a nice bike and that little bit of maintenance and cleaning did wonders for it. Typical Honda......completely competent and reliable. I currently own 4 Honda's (VFR, CRF100F for my wife, CRF50F for kids, and Oddysey mini-van for them all). This will make a great ride back and forth to work this summer. Ride safe all.

Never Give Up!

Looky, LOOKY, LOOKY!!!! :schla15: :fing02: :unsure:

gallery_12570_3805_1084108.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_544655.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_452664.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_429954.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_866146.jpg

So that's what the Holeshot sytem looks like. Thanks for the pics. Never seen one before. Not sure what I'm seeing, but does it delete the lower "ball joint" from the Honda headers?? Did you have to cut it off? Otherwise, it looks like a very cleanly designed system. :schla15:

Beck

95 VFR

Looky, LOOKY, LOOKY!!!! :fing02: :cool: :fing02:

gallery_12570_3805_1084108.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_544655.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_452664.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_429954.jpg

gallery_12570_3805_866146.jpg

The slip only replaces the mid-pipe and the exhaust can (muffler). So, looking at the pictures, you see everything that comes from Dale in one shot and the picture of the center stand and mid pipe is where the slip on starts. It's a great pipe for the money. I would have enjoyed a Staintune high pipe, but couldn't justify the price or pass up the value of the Holeshot. Plus, I had one of Dales pipes before and thought highly of it (on a ZRX1100). He does good work and takes care of his customers. Ride safe.

Mark

Never Give Up!

• Member Contributer

Nice. Yellow VFR's are the shizznit. There is one here with yellow wheels, too :fing02: nicey nicey. Friend of mine also put a HoleShot system on his FrankenKat 750/1200 Katana - probably the only DW system in town.

• 10 months later...

Archived