Elcheap-o Throttle Lock.

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

I'm cheap. LOL. Been think'n of the sore wrist I would have, after 600 mi to T-Mac, and 600 mi back. The answer, chop-up a bungee cord, and re-invent it.

100_4434.jpg

100_4435.jpg

100_4436.jpg

100_4437.jpg

Ta-da!!!!

• Member Contributer

Dude,you have way,way to much spare time on your hands! I'll give a try! :idea3: Nice idea Trav. Pattend pending? :blink:

• Member Contributer

Can you release it quickly enough if necessary? Or, does it really just add some friction to fight the throttle return spring? The nub may beat your or the tank in the wind. You need some test rides!

Oh, and don't let BR see that picture in the background of him railing the Dragon. You know about that ego of his, right? tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

Hey Trav, isn't that actually bungy rope? I think The bungy cord may have a patten already. tongue.gif

• Member Contributer
Can you release it quickly enough if necessary? Or, does it really just add some friction to fight the throttle return spring? The nub may beat your or the tank in the wind. You need some test rides!

Oh, and don't let BR see that picture in the background of him railing the Dragon. You know about that ego of his, right? tongue.gif

Very quickly. just pull on the clear tube end, to release. Just adds friction. If you need it to go faster, twist the throttle shut. Nub no beat. It won't be on my bike, for the rides, just on the E-way. Yup, just a bungee. a bit of twisted wire, some epoxy covered elec. tape, and a snippet of clear tube.

Clever, but those Beemer uber-bikers will most likely think it looks funny when you park your bike next to their's. Why not try the famous El-Cheapo, but neat Caterpillar Giant O-ring solution instead?

Beck

95 VFR

Clever, but those Beemer uber-bikers will most likely think it looks funny when you park your bike next to their's. Why not try the famous El-Cheapo, but neat Caterpillar Giant O-ring solution instead?

Beck

95 VFR

:blink: this idea works as well, goes on the outside(bar end) and does about the same thing.

• Member Contributer

Beck

95 VFR

:blink: this idea works as well, goes on the outside(bar end) and does about the same thing.

As long as your bar end doesn't spin. (That's what I started with).

Beck

95 VFR

As long as your bar end doesn't spin. (That's what I started with).

i tried this...very cumbersom to adjust, set release, etc. i used an oring and then attached another oring to it to allow me to pull out (riv's ears) and then it stretched the oring and didnt really ever work well....riv's looks better to me.

Trav. I guess Tumbles and I will have to head down I75 so I can hold your throttle open for ya. This will also save on your back as it will take less time at our pace.

See ya down there.

• Member Contributer
Trav. I guess Tumbles and I will have to head down I75 so I can hold your throttle open for ya. This will also save on your back as it will take less time at our pace.

See ya down there.

I just got this visual of you two cruising down the highway holding his throttle with your left hand while Trav is kicked back with his feet up! :idea3: :blink:

• Member Contributer
Clever, but those Beemer uber-bikers will most likely think it looks funny when you park your bike next to their's.

Beck

95 VFR

I guess we will find out in a week. I'll try my best to keep the laughing to a minimum Travis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
So, who got the last laugh on this?

:biggrin:

Me. It worked great. I would defiantly like to do a nice set-up, but considering, that was the longest ride, I will take, for the year, it served it's purpose well.