My Bike

Guest Salty42

• Member Contributer

It's not toast. I've done worse to mine. wink.gif

With that old dog, cost doesn't really factor in to it cause the NADA is so low on it. It's just a matter of deciding to fix it and finding parts for it, which btw, I may have some for you wink.gif

Guest Salty42

I'd love nothing more than to get a 5th gen... unfortunately since blue book is so low and I'm not injured, I think I'm gonna get around $1500 give or take. Even if I part out the bike I think the most I could hope for is around $3000 total, and with the tickets I got after getting my car back on the road I might be lucky to have $2500 to spend on another bike. Most of the 5th gens I've seen for sale go for at least $4000.

I have court on Monday for the three tickets (no Ins., Exp. Registration, Exp. Inspection) and have absolutley no money to get these corrected before then (which, if could, might get all three charges dismissed).

So I'm trying to sell some of my spares to get some cash to hopefully at least get my insurance and an inspection before court. The registration is a little trickier since the car is still in my Dad's name (who passed away April last year) and no-one knows where the title is.

The saga continues...

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear about the bike, glad you were not hurt!! The bike is replaceable you are not. It makes my problem seam so small. sad.gif

Stephen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatso127

Wow i am just catching up...sorry to hear about the crash. Like everyone has said glad that you are alright. I would say go ahead and put her back together. if the major components(engine, frame, etc) are cool, i am sure you can find parts for her. There are alternatives that are a little cheaper, its not like she was all that stock so a few more mods wont hurt. give it a few months and see what you wanna do...I agree you have to much invested to just part her out. You never know they might be calling you numbers on the winning lottery ticket.