The High Mileage Thread... What Do You Have On Your Vfr?

Guest mikeym

968 members have voted

1. 1. The High Mileage Thread... What Do You Have On Your Vfr?

• 0 - 5000 miles
    • 5001 - 10,000 miles
    • 10,001 - 20,000 miles
    • 20,001 - 30,000 miles
    • 30,001 - 40,000 miles
    • 40,001 - 50,000 miles
    • Over 50,000 miles...

well having just got mine (again) my silver baby has turned over 7k today but I'm really intending to do some serious miles on this one, I know she can do it.. all I need to do is keep her- will be nice to do 50k+ on one bike :fing02:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Where's the "low mileage" thread? I searched, but didn't find it. LOL

My '07 has 1600km on it. (1000 miles)

To be fair, I only had it for about a month last year before winter set in. Summer's just beginning here in the Great White North. Let the fun begin.

• Member Contributer

Only 11,000 on mine. I can only commute during the summer. I work at a school, and bring my two teenage daughters with me every day. Three-up doesn't work too well, especially in the winter time. On top of that, my commute is exactly 1.3 miles. Magically, somehow my summer commute transforms into 10-20 miles. Funny how that happens. :fing02:

The only real mileage I can put on it is the occasional all-day or weekend trips. I wish I had more time to ride, but I guess I'm content with the balance in life right now. Someday I'll do a cross country trip, I'm sure of that.

~Chris

• Member Contributer
Where's the "low mileage" thread? I searched, but didn't find it. LOL

When I was at my local shop setting up my harness recall work this spring this guy walks in, I swear he looks just like Homer's neighbor Ned Flanders wearing leather chaps over his jeans and the little leather cruiser vest, fingerless leather gloves.

"What can we do for you"

"I need to do my first service, I'm a little late tho, 900 miles."

"Great, did you buy it new from us?

"Yeeup"

"What model? Year?"

"Shadow, '99"

After he finished getting all the info the guy hurries out the door and hops in the baby blue Prius his wife has waiting for him out the shop door.

Shop guy sees my look of shock and says "Takes all kinds, this really isn't that uncommon."

Edit - Almost forgot: me = 02, 30k+

• Member Contributer

My 98 has about 47K. Was a committed canyon, mountain back road blaster. Now a lowly lane splittin' commuter. :warranty: Damn gas prices. Got to get a Prius and rededicate the Interceptor.

• 2 weeks later...
Clicked past this yesterday morning on my 02 during a great 280 mile short loop! :warranty:

60kVtec003.jpg

It's awfully bright there for almost 1 am. tongue.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my first post. :biggrin:

VFR750FJ (RC24) 1988 207,724 miles!

Currently being stripped, cleaned and rebuilt.

O for universal jointed fingers and carbon/kevlar coated knuckles.

my 1990 vfr has only 3,661 miles on it!!! :biggrin: Oh wait, it hasn't run since 1992. sad.gif But hope is on the horizon. It should be running by the end of summer so it may be ridable come next spring!

• 5 weeks later...

46000 miles on the clock so far, but i ride this bike more than i drive my truck (at least when she's running right and the weather isnt horrid). vfr's really are great commuter bikes, even the old 1st gens :fing02:

98 bought with 14,450 in June, has 18,xxx on it now. It's in almost showroom condition, and the 2nd owner averaged 150 miles a year for 3 years....it's definitely been babied. I'm looking forward to adding 100,000+ miles to it in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

99, 63,000MI no valve adjustment and to the guy wondering what goes wrong with these bikes ..... you have to put gas in the tank and tires on the wheels..... :fing02:

vince

99, 63,000MI no valve adjustment and to the guy wondering what goes wrong with these bikes ..... you have to put gas in the tank and tires on the wheels..... :fing02:

vince

Sweet! I like low maintance!

1999 VFR 800Fi. Original owner. Just turned over 32,000 miles

Longest sequential trip was 7,000 miles over 6 weeks. Was way fun. <grin>

Had to adjust the valves, and replaced the dreaded rectifier one time .... and that's it for problems!

Verrah fun and reliable scoot - best streetbike I have ever owned.

I like it so much that I spent some serious coin delinking the brakes, upgrading the forks, and installing a Penkse shock.

Why? Because I can't find a better bike out there that fits my needs and riding style so well.

I love my "Big Red" ....!

Cheers! E-Ticket

Archived