The High Mileage Thread... What Do You Have On Your Vfr?

Guest mikeym

968 members have voted

1. 1. The High Mileage Thread... What Do You Have On Your Vfr?

• 0 - 5000 miles
    • 5001 - 10,000 miles
    • 10,001 - 20,000 miles
    • 20,001 - 30,000 miles
    • 30,001 - 40,000 miles
    • 40,001 - 50,000 miles
    • Over 50,000 miles...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My'00 only had 6500 on it when I bought it in August. The prevous owner only put 98 miles on it the year before. I have done my best to break her in. I have ridden 1000 miles since August.

• Member Contributer
2002 with @65K miles; purchased 8/05 with 14K miles.

Didn't you live in FL most of that time ? :unsure:

Shhh. I'm trying to forget.

Just had a major service done, 80Km or 50K miles for you lot....hasn't needed a shimm changed yet & still purrs like a kitten :thumbsup:

Think i'm still throwing a new mod at it about every 6 months, so i should have enough to last.

86k km, ~ 53k miles.

Valve vlearances checked at 36k and 72k km, no shims required. Engine is bulletproof.

Lots of mods done now though..., I have the same problem as Gingle smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Well, unfortunately i'll never know how long my motor would have lasted. My 98 is RIP at 54,000. I would have had at least 70 on it by the end of this year.

Of note, even though i did "recenter' my valves, not a single one would have been out of spec at 50000 miles.

Getting close to 19k mi. If I put as many miles on the bike this year as I did in '07, I'll have 30k on 'er by 12/31/08. Not sure I'll get that many miles in, but I'm going to try. Hoping to do more weekend trips this year, in addition to TexasMac, of course. smile.gif

BTW, this was my 2500th post. While I enjoy this forum very much, I really need to get out and ride! Winter needs to freaking let go now. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

54,000 and climbing steadily. Time for a tune-up pretty soon, I guess. Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Or whinin'. Whatever.

Edit 11/08 - 64,000 now.

57440 miles on my 02. 53k in the 4 years I have had it. I work at home so it is all fun. The engine has been great, the electrical sucks. This bike has seen 5 stators. I just replaced the entire electrical system along with the wire harness recall.

• Member Contributer

I had 21K on my '04 before I sold it. I put the majority of those miles on it within my year of ownership.

I have 8,500 on the VTR, 4k of those are mine.

While I was riding a customers GL1500 I was thinking how smooth of a runner it was, then I looked down at the odometer... 165,000!!!

• 2 weeks later...

2002 with 20,220 on it....20 miles a day commuting ~280 days a year....coming up on 1 year of ownership, looking at my second longest ride before I hit one year....only going from Dallas into Arkansas/TN and back, but should be fun.

41,000 on my 2000. I put a whopping 120 miles on yesterday duringa poker run. More miles to and from the run than

during the run itself. And not a lick of a problem so far.

• Member Contributer

22,500 on mine, and she's only 14 months old. No problems so far, and I figure I'll have the valve check done next winter, probably around 35-40K.

• 3 weeks later...

my '98 VFR has 22k miles on it... but i m not sure whether it has already completed 1x99999 cycle....

'98 wif 22k seems abit too low....

• 1 month later...

02 with 27,5xx on it. Had her from day one. No issues just recalls. Mobil 1 after initial break in. V-4 can't be beat. :fing02:

Archived