03 Vfr Exhaust Cont... Lv.. Cf Or Ti

Mitch

Thank you to everyone that posted on my last topic! It really helped me out a lot. Now I just need to decide whether to go for Carbon Fiber or Titanium.

Are they any advantages/disadvantages to either of them? I heard the exhaust note is different, titanium can dent easier, which one does everyone think looks better? Any after all that is it worth to spend the extra $$, should I just got with aluminum?

Thanks for you help! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Mitch,

Unless you plan on racing I don't think the difference in weight is worth the difference in cost.

I thought about it and that is the conclusion I came up with and then I bought mine. (Aluminum)

• Member Contributer
Mitch,

Unless you plan on racing I don't think the difference in weight is worth the difference in cost.

I thought about it and that is the conclusion I came up with and then I bought mine. (Aluminum)

This is a good point. The aluminum vs. CF vs. Ti argument could go on forever. All Leo Vince cans are going to be lighter than stock. It will just be up to your preference. The aluminum has the shiny, chrome look. So if you want to have a bike with that look, go with aluminum. The weight and sound will be very similar to the other Leos. If you are looking for the red and black look (not sure what color your 03 is), than you might like the CFs better. They are more expensive - just depends on how much you are willing to pay for the look. Same with titanium. Many people like the dull silver look instead of the shiny aluminum, so they spend the extra $$. I think all Leos are going to be worth the money. Good sound, nice looking, and very well-built from a company that has been making exhausts a long time.

I am going to have enough money for the Ti or CF. I dont think i want the shininess of the aluminum cans. I was reading somewhere and they said the exhaust note between the CF and Ti were a little different. I had a ZX-6 with a CF pipe on it and I loved how it looked and sounded, so I am leaning toward the CF, but I want the bike to sound as nasty as possible so if Ti sounds better I might go with that!

gallery_13455_3661_1968145.jpg

IMG_1525.JPG

I think it would look pretty nice either way, CF or Ti, I just want to hear what everyone has to say! :lol:

• Member Contributer

Ti.

At some point in time, the CF will start looking ratty when it gets scratched/dinged up.

Ti holds it's look longer.

• Member Contributer

C.F. is not gonna have the thump, of a metal can. (all though the diff. will be slight). Can always covet the Ti, later. He!!, flip a coin.

Either choice is gonna be an improvement over stock. I personally went with the cf. Thought the black cans would look great on a red bike, I am right! IMO of course!! :P

Its really gonna be up to you as to what you think looks best on your bike, no weight difference to speak of and no difference in power. I have a close up of my cf on a black 06 if that helps:

gallery_10323_2816_563734.jpg

Archived