Guttin' Just One?

Alien VFR

• Member Contributer

My previous bike was a Suzuki TL1000R with a Full Yosh race system and it was LOUD. Sounded fantastic though. So I moved on to the VFR and have really enjoyed the quiet aspect, especially when listening to music or my GPS.

But I need more sound. I found a local metal shop that can gut my exhaust for very little money, but I don't want to go too loud.

So, has anyone ever gutted just one exhaust can? Or found another way to make the bike growl, but now scream?

I'm just looking for some good sound, but I do a lot of long distance trips, and even though I wear earplugs most of the time, a loud exhaust really starts to wear on me...

Any ideas or suggestions?

• Member Contributer

I actually had the same concerns on how loud it was gonna be, didn't want every LEO in a 5 mile radius looking for me :lol:

At an idle, nice rumble, taking off from lights it sounds great, highway speeds, really cant hear them over the wind noise.

My vote is gut em both, and if it turns out that you really cant stand it let me know and I'll trade ya for a stock set.

• Member Contributer

Start by drilling both 4-6 holes. Search for vroom vroom thread. If thats not loud enough, go full gut. Someone posted a full gut stocker, (for sale), just yesterday.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27272

Archived