Banjo Bolt Bleeders

Daniel Paul

goodridge makes them, you just have to find out what size goes on the bike you wish to put them on:

http://www.motosport.com/street/search.php...t=badger-street

oh, i am not advocating this website as a source; it was just the first place i found a nice shot of the goodridge stuff. do a search on goodridge and you will have plenty of options.

• Member Contributer

My front brake mc (Brembo) has an integrated bleeder, but I have the bleeder banjos on both my clutch mc and slave. Anywhere that the banjo is at a high point, it makes things really easy. Mine, along with my custom-length lines, are from Galfer.

These are not the same as speed-bleeders, which have a check valve. I suppose you might be able to use a speed-bleeder with a bleeder bango, but I use a Mity-Vac for a dry system, then the standard pump-and-turn method to finish off, works fine.

• Member Contributer

Not exactly cutting edge stuff--they've been around for ages. I put them on all my bikes to make bleeding easier.

One tip: Don't use an alloy one like shown in the pic. Actually, I don't think the banjo bolt is a really a potential problem, but alloy banjo hose ends are a big no-no on a street bike, as they are subject to corrosion and breakage. Double-banjo bleeder bolts are also available in stainless and cad-plated. Mine are also Goodridge, but I think all of the major stainless brake line suppliers have them.

Ciao,