Power Commander Maps black06vfr's map

Guest black06vfr

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks for sharing the map, I haven’t had a chance to test it in depth, but in a short 10 mile test run it works great. The biggest thing I noticed different so far is the Vtec engagement is super smooth, at 1st thought it didn't kick but it did. I was using Cozy famous map on my 2006, I tell you anyone with a 2006+ bike need to give this map a try. My setup; 2006 VFR, O2 mod, K&N filter, Scorpion Exhaust.

I have tried this map also and I really liked it. It really makes the VFR run stronger all over the spectrum. On mine right off throttle on take off seemed too fat, like you need to be hammering it all the time. Dont get me wrong I still liked it, just not 100% of the time do I want to ride hard. The gas mileage also suffered a LOT. I went back to Cozye's map but will switch back and forth when I feel the need for speed. Tkanks from me also for the map, Iwill use it though not all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I was suprised to hear some of you were using Cozye's map for your 2006 machines. I thought this was configured for pre-2006 models, and wondered how well/bad it runs compared to the maps designed for newer models?

Thanks.

I have tried this map also and I really liked it. It really makes the VFR run stronger all over the spectrum. On mine right off throttle on take off seemed too fat, like you need to be hammering it all the time. Dont get me wrong I still liked it, just not 100% of the time do I want to ride hard. The gas mileage also suffered a LOT. I went back to Cozye's map but will switch back and forth when I feel the need for speed. Tkanks from me also for the map, Iwill use it though not all the time.

• Member Contributer

I didn't have any loss of MPG, after long fun day of riding my fuel light come around 170 miles, which is about the same as before. I rode half highway and half in the mountains. I really like this map on my 06 it's completely smoothed out my bike power delivery. One other thing I notice is that my bike doesn’t wheelie as high in 1st gear compared to using cozy map. (This is good thing, at least for me)

How as the Coyze map for you? I thought it was not supposed to work so well with 2006 models? Did you encounter anything strange? Maybe around VTEC engagement area?

I didn't have any loss of MPG, after long fun day of riding my fuel light come around 170 miles, which is about the same as before. I rode half highway and half in the mountains. I really like this map on my 06 it's completely smoothed out my bike power delivery. One other thing I notice is that my bike doesn’t wheelie as high in 1st gear compared to using cozy map. (This is good thing, at least for me)

• Member Contributer
How as the Coyze map for you? I thought it was not supposed to work so well with 2006 models? Did you encounter anything strange? Maybe around VTEC engagement area?

I didn't have any issues using Cozy map, but when the Vtec kick in you knew it kicked in. It felt really strong at 8000-10,000 rpm, but lacking 3500-5000rpm. Also keep in mind I used Cozy map from the beginning I got my bike last April and didn't have a reference point on how the VFR drives. So I think, I just adjusted to my bike tune, but now using this other map, my first impression was "I never knew my bike could pull from so smooth in all the RPM ranges.

I just installed a power commander with O2 sensor eliminators on my 2006 last night. I have a BMC air filter and I gutted my exhaust. I've been out a few times using this map and it definitly smoothed out the engine. The bike really seems easier to ride and that is a big plus. The VTEC engagement is very smooth. I'm not sure if this map added any power as far as horsepower, because it seems to ride so much easier. I really feel much more confident on my VFR now. The throttle doesn't seem so touchy any more. Thanks for the map black06vfr.

Archived