Left-exit Exhaust

Guest Jay_eS_Iye

Guest Jay_eS_Iye

Just how rare (or non-rare) is the left-exit exhaust, like that one my '91? I know the newer generations went to the under-seat systems, but for those who didn't, was this a stock option for any years or something completely aftermarket? And how much do these things go for nowadays?

• Member Contributer
Just how rare (or non-rare) is the left-exit exhaust, like that one my '91? I know the newer generations went to the under-seat systems, but for those who didn't, was this a stock option for any years or something completely aftermarket? And how much do these things go for nowadays?

Only made for the 3rd gen, can fit the 4th gen I hear with minor modification. Does not fit the 5th gen and none were ever made. It goes for as much as someone is willing to pay. <_< I'd say $500-$1000, depending on condition.

They are not that common anymore. From what I remember the centerstand MUST be removed when installing this exhaust, and it can't go back on, as the exhaust is routed in this area. If you like the look, I'd so go for it given the opportunity to get one. Also I don't believe it is a high mount either, it should mount around the same position as a standard right side exhaust.

• Member Contributer

TBR was the most common one, but is no longer made. Center stand removal required only on the '90-'93, IIRC. ISTR that there were a couple of other "half systems" made around that time, the aforementioned Hindle, perhaps, but also Kerker and Yoshimura. Oh, and my old exhaust page indicates there was also a Sebring.

Ciao,

It goes for as much as someone is willing to pay. <_< I'd say $500-$1000, depending on condition.

hmm, i'll have to remember that. Not that I want to at all (in fact I'm starting to work on it again to get it back on the streets) but when the time comes for me to sell it, if I get no bites I may just have to part her out, probably sell the exhaust system seperate from the muffler, who knows, we'll see. Of course then I'll have the 3rd gen wheel up for grabs too smile.gif

Archived