Cargo Rings For Vfr

Guest ResqFE

I was tinkering around tonight and was wondering how I could make some rings to attach bungee cords to. I was guessing on cutting something complicated from metal. Then I thought about putting high strength nylon line around the frame. It can be tucked in when not needed, won't touch the fairing, and is almost free to make. I would think any chaffing would be minimal too. I plan on carrying a few bungees or additional nylon line with me and now will be able to carry almost anything on a short notice. I attached some pix for ya.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

• Member Contributer
I was tinkering around tonight and was wondering how I could make some rings to attach bungee cords to. I was guessing on cutting something complicated from metal. Then I thought about putting high strength nylon line around the frame. It can be tucked in when not needed, won't touch the fairing, and is almost free to make. I would think any chaffing would be minimal too. I plan on carrying a few bungees or additional nylon line with me and now will be able to carry almost anything on a short notice. I attached some pix for ya.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

154069038-L.jpg

Good one.

I'm curious about chaffing as dirt builds up on the cords......but other than that, good idea!

• 4 months later...
Guest classicinjection
I'm thinking of adding a small piece of latex tubing to prevent chaffing.

I used line routing clamps they are metal with black rubber anti-chaffing just either put them inder the grab handles or buy some shorter bolts and bolt them directly on where the handle go 2.99 or so at a parts store.

similar to these

ms21919-wdg2.jpg

Edited by classicinjection