Bos Exhaust Sounds?

Guest VFRoj

I've had my VFR for a month now, and of course I'm trying to decide on which aftermarket exhaust to install.

During my research, I've come across the BOS system, which I find very intriguing. I like that they look custom designed for the VFR, and that they fit very tight with the lines of the bike, and should have no alignment issues.

The only problem is I can't find any sound clips or vids of them. Does anyone have any they can post, or tell me where to find some?

I appreciate it. Great forum!

Thanks

• Member Contributer

It can be heard in "Kevin's truck chase video", but I can't find a link.

• Member Contributer

Tough one. Did you listen to the whole thing?

Yes sir...just as soon as it was posted.

This is starting to be kind of an obsession, as I've been able to hear clips of all the most popular, but can't seem to find any of the BOS...at least for a 6th gen.

• Member Contributer
Yes sir...just as soon as it was posted.

This is starting to be kind of an obsession, as I've been able to hear clips of all the most popular, but can't seem to find any of the BOS...at least for a 6th gen.

LOL. That's because there are like,...10 on the planet. LOL. Perhaps some of th UK sites. As far as I know, Poncho's the only one here, with a set. They're expensive, too. May I ask,...What is it, that you like most, (from what you've found), that is attracting you? I'm jaded. I like the sound and fit of gutted stock, but that's just me. Hearing them first hand, to me, BOS sounds like staintunes. (Subject to individual interpretation).

That may be part of the reason...you know...the "exotic-ness" of them (don't think that's a word, but it describes the thought). I do like the way they tuck up and look custom made for the bike, but still have a big exhaust outlet. I found a site where they are listed for $799, so I know they're available, I just can't find the way they sound!!!

Not to get off topic :offtopic:, but I was thinking of doing a "rebaffle" on the stock pipes: Pulling out the stock baffles, installing perforated tubes with stainless steel wool (to mellow out the sound), and extending the ends out of the pipes, like a staintune or most any aftermarket pipe (except there would be four, like the latest Blue Flames). I think it would look really good and "exotic". Do you know if anyone's attempted this yet?

• Member Contributer

:salesman: :salesman: :salesman: :salesman: :salesman: :salesman: :salesman:

• Member Contributer

Toot the horn. (Or blow wind,...you decide). LOL.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29818

First thought was to do a larger port on the top, and have some sort of baffle, but I didn't, and I don't regret it.

Plain gutted still seemed to tinny. One other member has doe it, (although I think he kept the length), but the tube in the top, he left like 3" on the inside, on the top. IMHO, shortening the cans made it deeper, then having the ports larger, let it ring through, as opposed to resanating, in the cans. Now kick'n 3" of hole, per can.

Thanks again. Very good description. Love this forum...lot's of creative people. How loud is this compared to, say, a Staintune with the dB reducer out?

Haven't by any chance found a sound clip of the BOS yet ??? :offtopic:

• Member Contributer

MUUUuuuuhahaahahaha!!! LOL. Was actually acused of lowereing the idle. NOT so. Thats a 1,200 idle.

http://media.putfile.com/Lasers-Remus-Cyko-trash

Got deeper, as the cat blew out. Wait till I gut that! LOL. LOng video. Lots of wind noise, but it gives some riding feel.

http://media.putfile.com/Possum-run-southern-half

Great videos! I had actually already seen the Lasers/Remus/Cyko clip during my obsessive searching for exhaust clips (still haven't found the BOS clip I'm looking for!). :offtopic: But I'm still lookin'...

So, let me understand this: The gutted pipes in the clips do not have any baffles or packing? They sound great! Thanks for all the help.

• Member Contributer
Great videos! I had actually already seen the Lasers/Remus/Cyko clip during my obsessive searching for exhaust clips (still haven't found the BOS clip I'm looking for!). :unsure: But I'm still lookin'...

So, let me understand this: The gutted pipes in the clips do not have any baffles or packing? They sound great! Thanks for all the help.

it this a VTEC?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7xW2eRJHYNc

BOS are dutch made and will -in the US- not be a common choice.

That is part of the appeal, that is why I have an Akrapovic on my bike......

• Member Contributer
Great videos! I had actually already seen the Lasers/Remus/Cyko clip during my obsessive searching for exhaust clips (still haven't found the BOS clip I'm looking for!). :unsure: But I'm still lookin'...

Yup. Totally empty.

it this a VTEC?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7xW2eRJHYNc

5th gen. Almost out of gas too. LOL.

BUMP FOR BOS clip.

Well. Looks like you have to come to T-Mac, to hear a set.

PM Ultima. I think he posted a link to a BOS soundclip before. He hasn't visited VFRD in a while so you better use the contact page on his website http://vfr800.aadvanboven.nl/bosgp1.php

edit: Nevermind, found clips of both Ultima's vtec with dbkillers installed, and another vtec without dbkillers.

enjoy.

vfr_vtec_bos_gp1_dbkiller.mp3

vfr_vtec_bos_gp1_open.mp3

Thanks guys. Checked out the site, and left Ultima a message. There's some good pics of the BOS system...looks like a very solid system.

I keep thinking about the gutted system Rivcycko has; they sound really good. The BOS system looks so much like stock...why not just modify the stock system???

I need a good comparson clip, like the Lasers / Remus / Cycko, but with BOS.

THanks again.

Riv: If you were going to gut a system again, would you do it like in the post you attached, or would you change anything?

• Member Contributer

Other than ceramic coating them, no. I'm very happy with the results.

Perhaps, come T-mac, I can talk some folks into doing a comparison. So many to chose from. :thumbsup:

You wouldn't by chance know where I can find good clips or sound bites of the Blue Flame system? I like the triangular system that has 2 openings per can.

If I knew how to add a pic of the Blue Flame system, I would... :joystick:

Archived