Cheap Fender Eliminator

Guest sigsauer33

Guest sigsauer33

Unlike most of you I only make about $500 every other week since I am a Marine. So there was no way that I was going to spend 50-70 dollard on a fender kit, so I got fed up and made one myself for $10.98, please let me know what you think!gallery_12731_3479_319673.jpg

DSCF0681.JPG

gallery_12731_3479_68104.jpg

DSCF0682.JPG

gallery_12731_3479_472902.jpg

DSCF0680.JPG

gallery_12731_3479_954833.jpg

DSCF0679.JPG

gallery_12731_3479_1329070.jpg

DSCF0685.JPG

• Member Contributer

:thumbsup:

Keep an eye on that tire!!!!!!!!!

I spent less than $5.00 on mine

• Member Contributer

You can even "make" one for free. Just use the stock bracket and remove the entire rear plastic fender. OK, you might want to buy some black spray paint for the greenish coating on the bracket. :salesman:

gallery_611_303_13005.jpg

Custom Termignoni's

Guest sigsauer33

I did check the tire clearance and so far it will not even come close to the tire even if I am jumping up and down on my rear foot pegs!, I tried just using the ugly metal bracket but I think that it looks worse than the stock set

up!gallery_12731_3479_1618278.jpg

DSCF0665.JPG

• Member Contributer

Good deal.

Now,...........How's about a mud flap?

100_4219.jpg

LOL.

Guest sigsauer33

Good deal.

Now,...........How's about a mud flap?

100_4219.jpg

LOL.

sure show me one that I can make a visual templet from and I am sure I can make it!

• Member Contributer

D-oh! LOL. I'm sorry. I don't have a measured template.

I had a mud flap on for 2 yrs, then I gutted and shortened the exhaust. This caused desbris to be flung up, onto the tail, because I no longer had the length of the exhaust, to help cover it. So I made a bigger one. I just used a cheap mudflap, for the first one, and a rubbermaid trash can, for the second. I used a propane torch, ON WHAT WOULD BE THE UNDERSIDE of the mudflap, to soften the plastic, to put the bends in. (If you torch the satin finish on the top side, it will become glossy, and look like crap).

I just used a piece of cardboard for a template and marked where the holes were, then notched it. As you already know, when taking off the org. fender, it leaves 6 holes. 2 where the org. metal bracket was, (I assume that's where you attached your fabbed bracket), and 4 where the org. plastic fender mounted.

On mine:

The plate bracket is attached where the org. metal bracket was. The 2 forward most holes, is the first mudflap mounting point. From there, (front to back), it bends down covering the back of the licence plate and mounts to the bottom holes of the plate. From there it bends and follows through.

1st one

gallery_2922_2278_394933.jpg

100_3557.JPG

100_4220.jpg

100_4221.jpg

2nd one

100_4219.jpg

100_4222.jpg

Hope this helps.

Guest sigsauer33

Yea it was pretty sharp, I only cut myself once, pretty good for a Marine! I really like that mud flap, you are telling me that that picture is of the mud flap made out of a trash can? If so how did you get that color that nice? I would really like to make something like that!

• Member Contributer
Yea it was pretty sharp, I only cut myself once, pretty good for a Marine! I really like that mud flap, you are telling me that that picture is of the mud flap made out of a trash can? If so how did you get that color that nice? I would really like to make something like that!

Yep. The first one is an actual mud flap. The second is a garbage can. (Office type, black).

The second is a garbage can. (Office type, black).

And DON'T stea lone from your commanding officers', uh, office! :warranty:

:P

Someone else here used an old dirt bike fender to make a mud guard too.(Although the whole thing kinda puzzles me; why take the factory one off, just to put a different one back on???) Anyway...

Guest sigsauer33

Ok now that the pictures of your bike loaded I know under stand, I was to busy staring at that nice red mud flap above your tire and thought that you made that out of a trash can!!!!!!! Marine sa re not smart, but where did you get that?

• Member Contributer
Ok now that the pictures of your bike loaded I know under stand, I was to busy staring at that nice red mud flap above your tire and thought that you made that out of a trash can!!!!!!! Marine sa re not smart, but where did you get that?

LOL.

Funny thing is, I make those too.

And these,.....

gallery_2922_262_238662.jpg

100_3501.JPG