Titanium Camera Mount! (huge Pics, Sorry)

SEBSPEED

you know i thought this was just a joke, but after seeing how you fiberglass, i am not so sure this wasn't a serious effort.... :blink:

Nice work Seb, but it looks way to complicated. :unsure:

I have been working on a A-frame design for a few minutes and here's my first prototype! :thumbsup:

This Stepped Design allows infinite adjust ability in the camera platform! :salesman:

axle004.jpg

axle005.jpg

New idea, after taking a walk to the garage... lay up fiberglass mat, about 3/8" thick, on the top surface of the cowl, in a fat 'T' shape. The top of the T will face forward, and the perpendicular arms can lay on the sides of the cowl, by the tabs, where I can mold in two thin aluminum straps bent in an L shape to fit over the tabs, reinforcing them. Coupla' countersunk bolts from the underside threading into some molded-in nuts... no worries about broken tabs.

The next episode will be brought to you by the letter 'S'. :blink:

• Member Contributer
i have wrecked 3 times now with my miniDV and it is still tickin!

......and the BR crash........and you guys keep tellin' me how much fun I could have on track days.....Boy, it sure sounds like a barrel of fun......somehow "fun" and "crash" don't acclimate well with me...........sounds like the camera needs to be mounted to a full rollcage....... :unsure:

I still say roll cage mount.....save both of you and your cameras............... :blink:

i have wrecked 3 times now with my miniDV and it is still tickin!

......and the BR crash........and you guys keep tellin' me how much fun I could have on track days.....Boy, it sure sounds like a barrel of fun......somehow "fun" and "crash" don't acclimate well with me...........sounds like the camera needs to be mounted to a full rollcage....... :unsure:

I still say roll cage mount.....save both of you and your cameras............... :blink:

That would involve a seat belt to keep from being tangled in the bars... what're you REALLY trying to say Skuuter??? :goofy:

Dale and I had tossed the idea around. . .

I absolutely know I'm going to regret this but this is the video that inspired Trav and I tossing this idea around. I had literally duct taped a camera tripod to my Givi rack, hit record and went for a ride around the block. If it's good for a laugh I'm all for it, even at my own expense. This is more or less to give you an idea of what your view might look like. The camera could easily be spun around to point backwards.

Before you watch I need to post some disclaimers.

1) This is a tiny test run around the block, thus no riding pants and my short-sleeved, cotton "armor."

2) It was a borrowed camera that shot the crappiest video I've ever seen.

3) The cruiser guy at :48 probably spent the rest of the day laughing his ass off.

4) At 1:47 the duct tape gave way, unbeknownst to me, and makes for a truly spectacular angle. With a little more thought I think I could easily mount it again. . . securely.

http://picasaweb.google.com/awells1975/Jul...key=VHRAbKbzRoQ

Let the laughing begin! :P

• Member Contributer

HA! And no CBRs, with the right of way, cutting off your left turns!

Dale and I had tossed the idea around. . .

I absolutely know I'm going to regret this but this is the video that inspired Trav and I tossing this idea around. I had literally duct taped a camera tripod to my Givi rack, hit record and went for a ride around the block. If it's good for a laugh I'm all for it, even at my own expense. This is more or less to give you an idea of what your view might look like. The camera could easily be spun around to point backwards.

Not a bad idea to mount it on the trunk, a little farther back would have been better. I'm hoping that a piece of foam taped over the mic will take care of most of the wind noise... ?

Oh, and -

Holy Tar Snakes Batman!! :blink:

Hey SEBSPEED check out this site linky sweet videos.

This guy has some sort of camera mount on the rear of his bike's that he can position

anywhere. He shows it somwhere on the sight , just took a quick look but didn't see it.

I don't know if that is what you want to build but it's pretty cool.

Edited by unkjj

• Member Contributer
That would involve a seat belt to keep from being tangled in the bars... what're you REALLY trying to say Skuuter??? :unsure:

......heh, heh, heh..... :blink: ....Hwy 50 out of Lynchburg the back way to Winchester has sections of tar snakes that look more like "tar spaghetti". On really hot summer days it feels like a "dirt bike drift" sometime going through there.......... :goofy:

Do you have RCA inputs? If you do, a bullet cam on a flew bar, would be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.flexbar.com/flexbar.htm

Unfortunately, I don't. That would solve a lot of my problems. Christmas is coming though, if I can get rid of the cam I have for a better one... hmm...

Hey SEBSPEED check out this site linky sweet videos.

This guy has some sort of camera mount on the rear of his bike's that he can position

anywhere. He shows it somwhere on the sight , just took a quick look but didn't see it.

I don't know if that is what you want to build but it's pretty cool.

Those vids are pretty sweet! I checked the link for the mount, $130! Ouch! :blink: It looks suspiciuosly like a series of RAM arms... He's using helmetcamera.com cams too. I love that rear 3/4 view! :thumbsup: