Hi-rise Mid Pipe?

Guest gogator

• Member Contributer

Micron will sell just the mid-pipe for a high mount exhaust. I have one that I purchased from them on my 2000. It also comes with the mounting kit, which is first rate. There are pictures in my gallery. I also have Givi side bags that mount with high mount exhaust.

• Member Contributer

Just remember that doing a high mount makes it difficult later down the road if you were wanting to put on hard bags on a fifth gen. Not to say that you are putting on hard bags but just a heads up. I am sure something can be fabed around the high mount.

• Member Contributer
Not planning to put on any hardbags and thank you for the input. I have a Jardine on it now and hopefully the connector from Micron fits it.

If it doesn't fit I could use it, I have a Micron can but no connector pipe.

As long as the two are the (mostly) standard 2" diameter, you should be in business.

Worst you could do if there's a slight mismatch is take both pieces to a Muffler shop (for test-fitting) and have them put the necessary piece in their expander and tweak it a bit bigger, maybe 1/16" or 1/8", depending on how close you are.

• Member Contributer
Micron will sell just the mid-pipe for a high mount exhaust. I have one that I purchased from them on my 2000. It also comes with the mounting kit, which is first rate. There are pictures in my gallery. I also have Givi side bags that mount with high mount exhaust.

I did not see anything on-line about Mid pipes. Post up when you find out $$.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I emailed Micron and they had be call the warehouse. 888.963.1212 9-5 CST

All mid pipes low or high $149.00 instock

Mounting kit $119.00

High mount alum. pipe $389.00

Highmount carbon pipe $539.00

I got an e-mail back from Jardine and apparently they don't sell the high pipe separately(figures.) She also stated they use a different size opening on the pipe and header ends(again, figures). Going to find a muffler shop and see what they can cook up.

Thanks guys!

Archived