Built Myself A Chock

chris2992

• Member Contributer

It is shielded gas, however the tank was nearly empty, and I was having a hard time getting the pressures right. Since welding that, I got a new tank and the splatter is much better. That was one thing that I did notice is that clean is very impportant, if there was any paint residue or anything else on the surface the weld sucks.

• Member Contributer

Here is a picture of the bike in the chock and tied down.

DSC03818.jpg

Here is a short video of me putting the bike into the chock, then shaking the bike, and removing from the chock.

th_MOV03822.jpg

The plasti-dip paint just rolled up on the bottom, so it isn't the answer. This is the reason that the chock slides forward when the bike falls into the chock. I have a few more ideas, but if push comes to shove, I'll just install the McMaster bumpers.

• Member Contributer

After watching some of the videos on the Blaxey website, I tried to put the bike into the chock by pushing it from the side (the way they do it in the blaxey video's) and it rolls in much easier. And since there isn't as much effort going in, the chock has much less force tring to slide it forward. I have re-done the Plasti dip paint, and am letting it dry, hopefully tonight I'll get to see if it works for sure. I did a few trial runs with the paint that had pealed up and it worked great, now I just have to figure out how to keep the stuff from rolling.