Good Deal

dancinkozmo

Hi Everyone

Just discovered this forum...looks like a terrific place to learn anything and everything VFR !

Ive found a new 06 for sale at the local dealership for 7437 plus frieght ,taxes etc. Can anyone comment on whether this is a good price ? Whats a reasonable price to pay for frieght and prep ? Should I try and negotiate the frieght and pdi costs out ?

Sorry for the questions but Ive always bought used.

Thanks in advance for any feedback...looking forward to joining the VFR tribe soon !!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the VFRD......you found the right place................ :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Just remember as soon as you drive it away it's worth about low nada, about 7K.

Heck, you could trailer it off but it's still a pre-owned and has therefore depreciated. The value drops with the title transfer alone! But hey, you buy it to ride it, not as a way to preserve your money.

Welcome to the board, dancinkozmo!

I'm with the posters above - I think a still-new leftover '06 for $8k plus tax is a pretty good deal. Look at the bottom line without consideration of the freight and prep charges. If they won't budge on price see if you can negotiate some accessories and/or free service, unless you do all the work yourself.

Good luck with the deal and please let us know how it comes out.

• Member Contributer
Just remember as soon as you drive it away it's worth about low nada, about 7K.

Heck, you could trailer it off but it's still a pre-owned and has therefore depreciated. The value drops with the title transfer alone! But hey, you buy it to ride it, not as a way to preserve your money.

Only Harley Davidsons permits one to preserve your money! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, try and make them give you an Out-the-door price at or below $8,000 and see what happens, then add in a Honda service contract and you should be just under $8,500 for a bike that had an original list price well over that.

I recently bought an '07 25th anniversary, got it for $9,500 + 4 year Honda Warranty (about $10K OTD), list on it was $11,099 + freight/delivery/etc.

When I bought mine, another dealer had the same bike for $500 less but their addons (freight/delivery/etc) put them $500 more than the one I got, and the dealer I bought from I like better anyway. If you like the bike and dealer, just work them a bit.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD. Looks like a great deal to me. I think everyone is assuming it is non-ABS, which adds, what, about another grand to the equation? If it has ABS, buy it this very instant.

A friend of mine owns both a 6th Gen and a Duc 748, which he configured for track only. Nice bikes in your stable there. Make sure you post pics of everything eventually. And tell us where you're from, too.

Sounds like a good price, but what's the extra $37 all about? I never understood that just call it $7400 and be done already! :goofy:

It's a way to price anything (house, car, watch, etc.) where the buyer will think that because of the weird and odd numbers that you have spent a lot of time coming up with that price/offer and that it must be good then. :thumbsup:

When you see $7400 you automatically think " I can offer less". :goofy:

Well, went back to the dealership today to see if i could work something out....looks like i fell for the classic "price it low then pad the frieght pdi etc etc etc " trick...they wouldnt go below 8600 out the door, plus they wont give me much more than 2000 for my trade in (mint 96 900ss sp ducati w 7500 miles).

That sucks......

Thanks for the feedback everybody, looks like I'll have to be content to lurk for a while ...I'll unload the duck next spring and pick up a used viffer !!!

thanks again everybody !

Archived