Shorty Exhaust

Guest remy

Don't know what go into me tonite, but I just had this urge to cut up my exhaust. What happened is pictured below. Don't ask why, but I just cut a completely good exhaust in half. I think it came out pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the ugliness of the rest of the exhaust, from the can forward. I may look into Jet-hot coating, or something similiar. The sound is a little louder, but not too bad. I will try to post a video link shortly. gallery_7037_3362_4582.jpg

exhaust mod 3.JPG

gallery_7037_3362_1883346.jpg

exhaust mod 2.JPG

gallery_7037_3362_259342.jpg

exhaust mod.JPG

• Member Contributer
Just got a video uploaded to Google.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...91622&hl=en

Here is one of a burnout, before the mod. Kind of gives you an idea of what it was like before.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=81...31421&hl=en

I agree that it's not too loud, but it's about 3 inches too short for my taste. Just my $.02

I dunno, but these low shorty exhausts don't look good to me personally. After years of getting conditioned to high long exhaust cans, these shorties look too blunt and abbreviated and does not do anything for the lines on the bikes. Maybe it's also because I hated the shorty, low OEM exhaust on my 647GT Hawk all those years I owned it.

Is this just a passing trend coming out of MotoGP till the next formula for the bikes changes their looks once again?

JMOs

Beck

97 VFR

I'm not big on the looks either but I think the shorties are some of the best sounding exhausts :music: . Sound or looks.......sound or looks........which do you choose?!

• Member Contributer

I like it. And it sounds great. Actually, I think it would look cool with dual shorties (one on each side) or shotgun style dual shorties.

Archived